OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Im sure this video will get Bleed going :laugh:

Lundy is becoming the cranky old man angry at the crappy goaltending on display.

So you’ve never seen Lundquist and @Bleedred in a room at the same time have you?
I actually like that he calls it a pandemic, because it stresses how common these goals are becoming around the league.

I didn’t realize how common they were in the league until I started reviewing every single goal scored. I must see one every 1-2 nights on average in the regular season.

For most people they see a goal like that and think it’s the worst goal they’ve seen in an extremely long time and they’re still a bad goal. But I see them so much that I usually don’t even give them a softy of the night anymore, unless I really have nothing better to beat them out. Like (spoiler alert) I will be giving Skinner for last the goal last night.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I actually like that he calls it a pandemic, because it stresses how common these goals are becoming around the league.

I didn’t realize how common they were in the league until I started reviewing every single goal scored. I must see one every 1-2 nights on average in the regular season.

For most people they see a goal like that and think it’s the worst goal they’ve seen in an extremely long time and they’re still a bad goal. But I see them so much that I usually don’t even give them a softy of the night anymore, unless I really have nothing better to beat them out. Like (spoiler alert) I will be giving Skinner for last the goal last night.
Okay Henrik

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How dont the canes come out and crush the rangers today? I mean a team has to he totally gutless to now show and get swept on home ice no?
I don’t know. They got swept by the Panthers last year (not on home ice though) so it’s not hard to see it happening yet again.

The Capitals were trash and everyone knew it. That’s why they were unanimously picked to be swept by the Rangers and I’m pretty sure any other opponent would have also swept them or taken them out in 5 max.

But there’s no excuse for the Canes to get swept out of this series. Yes, they’re overrated and don’t really have what it takes to contend for the cup. That’s why they never make the finals and can’t even win a game in the conference finals.

But they really shouldn’t be getting swept by the Rangers. They’re better than that.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I don’t know. They got swept by the Panthers last year (not on home ice though) so it’s not hard to see it happening yet again.

The Capitals were trash and everyone knew it. That’s why they were unanimously picked to be swept by the Rangers and I’m pretty sure any other opponent would have also swept them or taken them out in 5 max.

But there’s no excuse for the Canes to get swept out of this series. Yes, they’re overrated and don’t really have what it takes to contend for the cup. That’s why they never make the finals and can’t even win a game in the conference finals.

But they really shouldn’t be getting swept by the Rangers. They’re better than that.
Agreed with that so really curious to see how rod the bod has them come out

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
A cat owner? No wonder you come across as a gentleman of distinction.
FB_IMG_1696961205676.jpg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I'd be honestly dumbfounded if the Canes don't win at least 1 game. Shesterkin and the Rangers clinical finishing definitely earned them a series win in 5 games or so, but it would be really odd if the Canes don't win at least 1 game.

The Canes lost all 3 games by one goal, and two games went to OT, it’s been a close series.

It would be crushing to get swept after that.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
The Canes lost all 3 games by one goal, and two games went to OT, it’s been a close series.

It would be crushing to get swept after that.
Even if they get swept; Rod will claim they weren't.

"That's the unfortunate part of this, (people are) going to look back and everyone's going to say you got swept. That's not what happened. I watched the game. I'm there. I'm cutting the game. We're in the game...it could have been four games the other way."

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Review the number of outside shots given up by Schmid and Daws. It is epidemic seeing them on their knees and the shots that are not even really hard shots going into the net over their shoulders, glove hands, and blockers. Somebody started teaching this crap and his goalie must have been a good one and thus, every goalie coach picked up on it and voila, all of a sudden so many crappy NHL/AHL goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad