OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Tkachuk and Pasta were having a conversation on the benches just a couple minutes before this. The camera went to Pasta then turning around and saying something to Montgomery and the look on Montgomery's face was along the lines of "seriously?". Apparently, Pasta isn't good with picking up visual clues.
Props to Pasta for sticking up for himself but he's way too important to be fighting. Beyond that, Tkachuck is a fraud and only tough when the opponent is smaller. I'd love to see a genuine tough guy call him out and embarrass him.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Props to Pasta for sticking up for himself but he's way too important to be fighting. Beyond that, Tkachuck is a fraud and only tough when the opponent is smaller. I'd love to see a genuine tough guy call him out and embarrass him.

Agreed with the toughness only against smaller players. Would you take issue if the smaller player is Marchand? I would get behind that one. :D

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
The Oilers really need to be able to win games without giving up so many goals. There’s a lot better offensive teams still out there that they can’t be giving up 3, 4, 5 goals against and be able to win.

They need this win. They were up 4-1 at one point.
Cup pretender. The Oilers are definitely not winning a cup.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cup pretender. The Oilers are definitely not winning a cup.
Why do people think this?

McDavid will not go cupless in his career. There’s a better chance his career comes to an unfortunate ending before he’s 30 years old than him having a long career that’s cupless.

That doesn’t mean that cup will come in Edmonton. It could come elsewhere. But he will win one and Edmonton has as good of a chance as anyone as long as he’s there.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oilers are a high event team, sometimes you're gonna blow games when you're designed that way.

They're still a better team than the Canucks, watch how the rest of this series plays out.
They had a game like this early in the LA series. I think it was game 2 of that series.

last night was by far the worst game they’ve played all playoffs. They sat on their 4-1 lead and literally stopped playing after that.

And Skinner let in several bad goals. The wraparound goal was shit, then the game tying goal wasn’t great and the game winner was a super softy.

I maintain Skinner is underrated, especially since there’s a sect of people who talk about him like the way I talked about Vitek this past year.

But last night he certainly earned the scrutiny.

last goal was on skinner for sure. but the other 3 in that comeback were just horrible defense by the oilers.

on the game tying goal, corey perry literally screened him. like, planted his gigantic oaf of a body 2 inches from skinner and just stood there. what are you doin, dog
I thought the wraparound goal earlier on was also bad and the goal that tied the game was not so great.

They literally stopped playing after 4-1 and thought they could cruise to a win doing nothing after that.

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Pasta would have gotten killed if the refs didn't jump in immediately. His helmet was off and jack ass was still punching him when he was down. Unless someone on Boston immediately goes after Tkachuk next game and pounds him senseless Pasta accomplished nothing except narrowly escaping without injury once his helmet came off.
i dont think anyone on here has ever played in the nhl playoffs but i'm going to go out on a limb and say that he probably got a ton more respect from the guys on his team for doing it. i want that type of attitude and effort from the guys on my team hopefully they are watching and taking notes because one thing for sure they were lacking this year was heart.

My3Sons

Sponsor
i dont think anyone on here has ever played in the nhl playoffs but i'm going to go out on a limb and say that he probably got a ton more respect from the guys on his team for doing it. i want that type of attitude and effort from the guys on my team hopefully they are watching and taking notes because one thing for sure they were lacking this year was heart.
I don't disagree but it's just unnecessary. Pasta doesn't need to fight jack ass to earn respect. Any extra respect is not a big deal as I see it. The Bruins are a well coached high effort team with or without Pasta fighting. I'd still rather a thug take jack ass behind the woodshed and put him out of our misery or at least embarrass and shame him when he inevitably goes after a smaller skill player. If MacDermid openly challenged jack ass every single game it would force jack ass to put up or shut up and you know he'd shut up. He's a fraud.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I don’t care for what Pasta did. It’s players like Tkachuk that we need more of. Not a single player on this team has an ounce of pest or willingness to be an a-hole against the opposition.

Cue the flurry of posts telling me that it has no impact on the team’s success. Uh huh.

Reactions: Palates

My3Sons

Sponsor
I don’t care for what Pasta did. It’s players like Tkachuk that we need more of. Not a single player on this team has an ounce of pest or willingness to be an a-hole against the opposition.

Cue the flurry of posts telling me that it has no impact on the team’s success. Uh huh.
You are settling for a half measure. Why settle for an ass when you can have someone big enough cheap shot thr opponent with a hit to the head that puts him into concussion protocol? Being an ass has limited impact on team success. What has a big impact is injuring the best players on the other team.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

We tried to trade for Matthew Tkachuk, and he didn’t want to come here, despite being our GMs f***ing cousin lol.

Wishing for players like that is fine, but they’re very few, and tough to obtain if you don’t develop them yourself.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
We tried to trade for Matthew Tkachuk, and he didn’t want to come here, despite being our GMs f***ing cousin lol.

Wishing for players like that is fine, but they’re very few, and tough to obtain if you don’t develop them yourself.
I’m not expecting to easily obtain a top line player in that mold. We don’t have an agitator anywhere in the lineup. Nor do we have anyone that’s going physically punish the shit out of opponents. And no, a useless goon who does nothing but engage in pointless fights is not who I’m talking about.

Reactions: BostonDevil

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Aw yes, the TNT Studio!!
IMG_5740.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad