OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Some said the Canes are better this year. Are they actually? They pretty much embarrassed the Devils last year so....

Its matchups. The Canes matched up really well against us last year but have matched up poorly against the Rangers the last several years.

If the Rangers beat us last year, they very likely beat the Canes as well.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Games like these (which I see a lot from Shesterkin) make me reconsider (for the 1000th time) the whole top goalie debate for our team lol.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
This was really supposed to be Carolina’s year.

I wouldnt say their window is closing but it’s def going to get tougher with the free agents/rfa they have to sign

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Borderline irate from last year's series with these clowns from Carolina. If the Devils had either a goalie or adequate coaching, we would've been in the ECF v Florida without a question.

They do have a bit more offensive firepower than in years past, but they just seem to struggle to get over the hump. Reminds me of the sharks back in the day.

Alex Semin/Mike Green Capitals, they have these gaudy offensive numbers every year and can't do anything. Their powerplay was second in the whole league and it can't even generate decent looks in this series.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Well this has potentially set up the rangers to blow 2-0 series leads in back to back years

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Canes are just a better performing playoff version of the leafs and it’s not by much. They are the definition of meh. Now I only watched the first overtime but damn they did squat that overtime. They were stuck on 51 shots for half the period it seemed

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Well this has potentially set up the rangers to blow 2-0 series leads in back to back years

Back to back to back years, but I doubt Carolina has the balls. They're the most fraudulent team ever, they're so lucky the Leafs and that Toronto media bubble exists.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Rangers blew a 2-0 series lead in 2022 as well

Back to back to back years, but I doubt Carolina has the balls. They're the most fraudulent team ever, they're so lucky the Leafs and that Toronto media bubble exists.
Beat me to it

f*** Freddie Andersen. Worthless old shit bag.
He was good enough tonight. Special teams lost it for them yet again, and being undisciplined

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
They are the metro division version of the leafs.

I get rod the bod is a big time coach everyone wants but he going to get these guys over the hill ever?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Canes are just a better performing playoff version of the leafs and it’s not by much. They are the definition of meh. Now I only watched the first overtime but damn they did squat that overtime. They were stuck on 51 shots for half the period it seemed
Only difference is the Canes usually play us or the Isles in an early round while the Leafs get stuck with Boston or Tampa

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
f*** Freddie Andersen. Worthless old shit bag.

soon a ghost.......

Can you really be sure of the Goddamn time of day?
Can you take the dirt from the fist of a foreigner?
Are you going to fight when they call out your number?
Can you toe the line?
Can you repeat what you've been told?
Can you bite the bullet?
Can you see the enemy?
Can you point your finger?
Can you prove your loyalty?

Joe McCarthy's ghost

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
They are the metro division version of the leafs.

I get rod the bod is a big time coach everyone wants but he going to get these guys over the hill ever?

I think the Devils have way better personnel for him to get over the hump in the playoffs, Devils center ice spot absolutely bodies Carolina's which is where you need studs to win come April. They're getting destroyed by Trocheck/Zibanejad this series.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Devils were the better team by far than Carolina but the results were quite embarrassing. Idc what the excuses are.

Rod would do way better in NJ

Devils have a coaching staff worth their name last year besides Bruno there or a goalie and they're beating the Canes in 5-6 last year

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Devils have a coaching staff worth their name last year besides Bruno there or a goalie and they're beating the Canes in 5-6 last year

That was literally my point lol. They got completely outcoached and with a much inferior roster, Rod still managed to make the devils look like an ECHL team. I think he could do a lot of damage with an actual good team (prob exaggerating a bit but still).

Camille the Eel

Canes need to win their home games
It’s hard to believe they can beat the Rangers period if they couldn’t win this game. Carolina desperately needed this game and had the lead in the 3d.

I am a doomer when it comes to the Rangers in this series and hope I’m wrong. The pessimism comes I believe from rooting so hard for Carolina in this game for 5 periods of play and seeing nothing but futility; after the 30th squandered grade A look, you start to think it just ain’t gonna happen.

Carolina can’t beat the Rangers. I’ve seen nothing in the past 2 games that leads me to think they can win this series and a good deal that makes me think they’ll even get swept. Rangers in 5, I guess, is my conservative opinion.

As for the Refs giving NY 8 power plays and maybe calling 14 penalties in the game (if my memory of the box score serves me), and that last call in OT . . . Well let’s just not go there. What a joke.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I love reminiscing about the 2022-2023 season as much as anyone but man, the Canes absolutely stomped us last year in the playoffs.

We could barely breakout of our own zone or create any offense. Their forecheck decimated us. It wasn’t particularly close, they were clearly the better team in that series.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I love reminiscing about the 2022-2023 season as much as anyone but man, the Canes absolutely stomped us last year in the playoffs.

We could barely breakout of our own zone or create any offense. Their forecheck decimated us. It wasn’t particularly close, they were clearly the better team in that series.

Ryan Graves + coaching.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Ryan Graves + coaching.
Ryan Graves was bad in that series but he wasn’t alone. Everyone seemed to struggle to breakout/generate offense. It was kids against men out there. Outcoached maybe, but the Canes played like a well oiled machine and dominated us. Not sure what Lindy could’ve done differently that could’ve given us the edge when the opponent was just that relentless and disciplined.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad