OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rod "Back up the Brinks Truck for him:" Brind'Amour doing what he does best - losing to the Rangers in the playoffs
I’m not sure if Rod is making this otherwise mid team look like a (regular season) juggernaut or if he’s sandbagging them.

Either way, this is not a contender or serious cup threat until I see otherwise. They never get to the finals, they can’t win a single game in the conference finals when they get there. They (probably) can’t even win a single game in the second round this year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They had a bye week against the Caps tho. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win it all, but I think Florida would have something to say about that.
Florida and the winner of the West.

Unless you honestly think Vancouver is gonna make it out of the West.

That would be even flukier than anything Rangers related.

Reactions: longislanddevil

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
I don’t really care if it is. I think a lot of people on here spend too much time worrying about them and what they’re doing, when we should be more worried about what we’re doing and what we can do to be a perennial playoff team again.

But I do think one of the West teams can knock them off. Edmonton or Colorado.

Edmonton’s gotta do better tomorrow night than they did last night. That’s for sure.

I think Florida can possibly take them out as well, if they’re ready to get serious and take out Boston in 5.

The Rangers will probably sweep Boston also if they somehow make it past Florida though.
that’s because a majority of the board has to work and hang out with and generally be around rangers fans every single day. it’s not as easy to avoid having their success shoved in your face.

when we’re not in the playoffs and they’re on an amazing run like this it just compounds how shitty everything about this season has been

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
i’d let tom fitzgerald crush my wife if he ever brought in a guy like mason marchment.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Obviously goal tending is a key to special teams.

PP shots are 21-15 in favor of Carolina in this series.
I’ve been watching the games and I can’t recall Igor having to make many really difficult saves on the PK.

Rangers in 2012 Kings mode its shaping up to be.

Yuck
what? The 2012 Kings dominated their opponents and were great in multiple areas of the game. The rangers are winning one goal games primarily by cashing in on PP’s against a team that didn’t even belong in the playoffs and another team that pulls this stupid “we can’t score in a whore house” routine every f***ing year when it matters most. They just got outshot by like a 2-1 margin. Doesn’t exactly scream 2012 kings to me but maybe I’m crazy.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Obviously goal tending is a key to special teams.

PP shots are 21-15 in favor of Carolina in this series.
Most of those 21 shots are from the perimeter or one and done

They aren’t getting any second chances or anything of quality.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We have to be fair though, it’s crazy this series is 3-0. It’s been an incredibly even series and the Rangers have gotten every critical bounce.
Shesterkin is also better than the Canes goalies.

Andersen is an old and washed up rickety injury case at this point in his career and Kochetkov is just whatever.

I honestly think Andersen had a pretty good hand in losing them game 2. A couple of weak goals in regulation and a borderline OT goal against, despite facing roughly 20 fewer shots than Shesterkin.

At the same time, Carolina has had a well-documented finishing problem for a long time, while the Rangers seem to have a well-documented high shooting problem.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
lol the canes literally do this every year, they can’t score for shit no matter how many shots they pile up, the goalies that beat them then go on to lose the next series.

Shesterkin lost to Akira friggin Shmid just last year.
Schmid was good last year. In the reg season as well as the playoffs. Shesterkin was undefeated vs Vitek who was a trainwreck in the playoffs.

Sometimes being a good goaltender is as much about making the routine saves as it is the tough ones.

Reactions: Bleedred

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don’t really care if it is. I think a lot of people on here spend too much time worrying about them and what they’re doing, when we should be more worried about what we’re doing and what we can do to be a perennial playoff team again.

But I do think one of the West teams can knock them off. Edmonton or Colorado.

Edmonton’s gotta do better tomorrow night than they did last night. That’s for sure.

I think Florida can possibly take them out as well, if they’re ready to get serious and take out Boston in 5.

The Rangers will probably sweep Boston also if they somehow make it past Florida though.

I don't think I'm one of the ones who'd be pissed if they win, I've said they're a good team but them catching every break known to mankind the past decade on their runs is a bit annoying. And I agree, but you can't blame this fanbase for being pissy when the Rags and Islanders have alternated runs and we only have 2022/2023 in the last decade to hang our hats on

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
If they win it all this year I may be done watching sports. f***ing tiring watching rivals win every year in every sport while all my teams suck ass 😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad