Post-Game Talk: Ooooh, DreamBeaut.... Pens - 2, Canes -1

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
A big bag of minuses to the Pittsburgh media for Bennett not being one of the three stars of the game.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Heck of a game by Fleury and Bennett. Kunitz actually tried to play hockey for the second time this season.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
He tried to get injured right there at the end, luckily they managed to get Adams back out on the ice again....

w6i6aJq.png

I only watched the 3rd so I won't pass judgement. Good to see Sid and Geno get going at the end, and that NutButter is still a great combo.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
MAF obviously but...

It's so nice to have 2 dangerous lines again. Thx Beau. Please don't ever go away again.

Kunitz actually gets a slight plus for me.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Beau Bennett and Marc-Andre Fleury. Both are absolutely HUGE for this team going forward. They need to play first of all, then play like this.

Sid & Geno had some great shifts as well. Rust was trying too, but he just needs to score. That sequence late in the 3rd was excellent, 1st line started it and 2nd line finished the job.

Ward was great tonight but we still managed to get this important win. Despite defensive breakdowns. Letang needs to be better.

HM: Chris Kunitz. Keep him on that line for now. Maybe he needed this spark to start moving his feet a little bit. We need him to play at least a semi-decent hockey.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
A big bag of minuses to the Pittsburgh media for Bennett not being one of the three stars of the game.

That's very weak sauce. Letestu, not him, as #2 star, as if it was Sutter and Kunitz who made that line go. ****, Bennett made those two third liners look like they have talent.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
+ MJ, i'll let Cole talk about it, but MJ did quite a few really nice things tonight. Good game from the coach

Michael8771*

That's very weak sauce. Letestu, not him, as #2 star, as if it was Sutter and Kunitz who made that line go. ****, Bennett made those two third liners look like they have talent.
Is that right?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Beau Bennett and Marc-Andre Fleury. Both are absolutely HUGE for this team going forward. They need to play first of all, then play like this.

Sid & Geno had some great shifts as well. Rust was trying too, but he just needs to score. That sequence late in the 3rd was excellent, 1st line started it and 2nd line finished the job.

Ward was great tonight but we still managed to get this important win. Despite defensive breakdowns. Letang needs to be better.

Knowing that we're not adding 3 forwards and that Beau will play with Sutter because Sutter helps maximize what you can get from Beau (or something) . . .

XXX-Sid-Horny
XXX-Geno-Comeau
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett

With Martin and one of the young defensemen, the Pens have the organizational assets to fill those two spot, a guy who can make an individual play for Sid and a puck retriever who's got enough skill/read to mesh with Geno.

A team like that would have enough up front to play MJ's system and really come at team's in waves.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sutter and BB continue to look good together. We can't afford to keep them together longterm unless some moves are made, but they definitely complement one another well.

Bort should be the one to sit if Martin returns next game. Even though Martin should be dealt.

Quite a few on here are calling MJ a DB clone, but the guy separated Kunitz from our superstar centers several times. And put a harder working younger guy with Sid/Geno. Props to him.

PP needs PH back. And our highly paid players to make smarter plays, period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad