GDT: Ooooh Banana - Oilers @ Wild 7:00 PM MT

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Seriously, how is it that a change in system, with essentially the same roster that finished the year so strong last season, is enough to turn us into something we haven't seen since the decade of darkness.
Cause it’s a system awful for our team and there was no reason for that drastic of a change.

Reactions: 3IR

snag

Feb 22, 2014
So far this season has been like a country song....

The Oilers suck again.
My 3D printer controller board died and fighting with the Chinese tech department on the warranty claim is like......UGH!! Made worse by the time zones.
My RAID 6 array shit the bed after a backplane failure taking about 60TB of full bitrate HD/UHD movies with it.
And my JVC reference series projector blew up.

But at least my wife let me order a new 4k laser projector and anamorphic lens today....so I can continue watching it in the best and biggest image possible. LOL

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Cause it’s a system awful for our team and there was no reason for that drastic of a change.

This team and coaching staff just suck at defense. It just is what it is, other teams make adjustments to their D zone coverage without this garbage. It's a zone defense not brain surgery.

They're just a bad defensive team, have been for years now.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Absolutely and it all starts at the very top.

Our only hope is for Jeff Jackson to save us and tbh, he's another crony really.

Just a nerd that's going to try and Moneypuck the team and fail miserably

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
The one game we get depth scoring and a dman scoring, we still get worked. This is a deeply flawed hockey team. This isn’t getting better any time soon either
depth scoring? We still dont have a single point from our bottom 6. I don't consider 2nd line goal(s) depth scoring. Our bottom 6 are contributing nothing for 6 f***ing straight games. It's league-worst abysmal

Reactions: CycloneSweep

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
He’s overpaid by a helluva lot more than 2 million. Paying him like a number 1 when he isn’t a number 1 means you don’t have a number 1 and you don’t have the money left to get a number 1. That’s a pretty big issue for a team trying to win a cup.
Idk I have a hard time blaming Nurse for asking for the moon when management f***ed around and bridged him again instead of signing him long term when we had the chance, and then once Klefbom went down, they surrounded him with third pairing Dmen and expected him to be able to do it all himself.

Nurse and Ekholm as 2 of our top 4 would be amazing if we had a single other Dman who had any business being more than a third pairing Dman in the NHL.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
This team is embarrassing.

lol @ people thinking McDrai would sign on for 7 more years of this

For their sake, I hope they get out. I'll be their biggest fan wherever they go. I don't have a second favorite team. Would be a great excuse for me to divest from shit absolute shithole of a team we all root for.

Reactions: Oildrum

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This should get Woodcroft fired. Continuing to throw Bouchard out tonight should get him fired.
The three too many men penalties are what should be getting peoples attention. That shows a complete loss of focus from the coaching staff down to the players. Woody isn’t in charge of anything right now. I’ve never seen 1 team take 3 of those penalties in the same game before. I haven’t seen a coach so lost since Eakins was here and they played almost an entire minute a man short and nobody noticed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad