GDT: Ooooh Banana - Oilers @ Wild 7:00 PM MT

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
If this squirrel looking coach smirks one more time on pre GameDay press conferences trying to crack jokes I am going to lose it. It's time to coach for your job you loser. This defense and goaltending however won't save any coach. Holland fxxxx us out of the McDrai era

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Not even joking I think the season is toast. Its too far gone the team is completely lost. There has to be something change. There has to be.
At this point we're so far behind the ball that there's 0 chance we win the division, so we need to make changes immediately and try and squeak in.

It's not like we could be sellers even if we wanted to. We have no assets anyone would be willing to pay for. We have nothing going for us if we're not a threat to win the cup, and that clearly isn't the case.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
At this point we're so far behind the ball that there's 0 chance we win the division, so we need to make changes immediately and try and squeak in.

It's not like we could be sellers even if we wanted to. We have no assets anyone would be willing to pay for. We have nothing going for us if we're not a threat to win the cup, and that clearly isn't the case.
Well, there are 2 particular assets that we could get a lot for…

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Idk I have a hard time blaming Nurse for asking for the moon when management f***ed around and bridged him again instead of signing him long term when we had the chance, and then once Klefbom went down, they surrounded him with third pairing Dmen and expected him to be able to do it all himself.

Nurse and Ekholm as 2 of our top 4 would be amazing if we had a single other Dman who had any business being more than a third pairing Dman in the NHL.
I blame Zach Werenski for starting all of this shit

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Well, there are 2 particular assets that we could get a lot for…
If this team lets Holland handle trading Mcdavid or Drai, they need to fold this entire franchise.

And honestly, what team would have the assets and capspace to pay what Mcdavid and Drai are worth. As unbelievable as they are, there's never been a worse time to trade a superstar thanks to the flat cap.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
The three too many men penalties are what should be getting peoples attention. That shows a complete loss of focus from the coaching staff down to the players. Woody isn’t in charge of anything right now. I’ve never seen 1 team take 3 of those penalties in the same game before. I haven’t seen a coach so lost since Eakins was here and they played almost an entire minute a man short and nobody noticed.
This could be the nail in his coffin. He has no idea what is happening on his bench

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
So far this season has been like a country song....

The Oilers suck again.
My 3D printer controller board died and fighting with the Chinese tech department on the warranty claim is like......UGH!! Made worse by the time zones.
My RAID 6 array shit the bed after a backplane failure taking about 60TB of full bitrate HD/UHD movies with it.
And my JVC reference series projector blew up.

But at least my wife let me order a new 4k laser projector and anamorphic lens today....so I can continue watching it in the best and biggest image possible. LOL
I don’t know a lot of the words you wrote there. Sounds shitty tho

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Just dropped in to say this is the worst version of the Edmonton Oilers I’ve ever witnessed in terms of team defence. It’s just easy chance after easy chance all night long for our opponents. Forwards and D. Everyone.
Truth

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Woodcroft/Manson are just horrendous at coaching defense at an NHL level.

Eakins-esque.

And it isn't just a "this year" thing either.

The three too many men penalties are what should be getting peoples attention. That shows a complete loss of focus from the coaching staff down to the players. Woody isn’t in charge of anything right now. I’ve never seen 1 team take 3 of those penalties in the same game before. I haven’t seen a coach so lost since Eakins was here and they played almost an entire minute a man short and nobody noticed.

That was pretty funny to be honest.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
Next practice the coaches and players will have to go over counting to 5. In all seriousness I don’t recall a team ever taking three too many penalties in the same game.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Bouch max gambler. We need those Paul Coffey private lessons going again with our D. Paul will show them the way.
Paul Coffey was another guy who couldn’t play a lick of defence in his own end either. He had Huddy covering for him while he was here and was able to contribute 100 point seasons to at least try to make up for it. Bouchard doesn’t come close to adding enough offense to make up for what he gives away in his own end.

Reactions: oobga

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Maybe they'll learn to play defense at their next destination.
You give this duo a competent defense and goaltender and a smart coach. They win the cup in flight mode.

Bro I'm not sure what your getting at. Take the Oiler homer glasses of for a second.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
If this team lets Holland handle trading Mcdavid or Drai, they need to fold this entire franchise.

And honestly, what team would have the assets and capspace to pay what Mcdavid and Drai are worth. As unbelievable as they are, there's never been a worse time to trade a superstar thanks to the flat cap.
I would have thought this too until Buffalo traded Eichel.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Cause it’s a system awful for our team and there was no reason for that drastic of a change.

So what then they’ll just be allowed to cheat for offense and who cares at the back since Connor and Leon will make it up?

This is the single worst thing about this group, they were allowed to forgo responsibility for too long, and if a well under expectations season and a potential coaching change gets them there so be it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Meanwhile this Poitras kid in boston, drafted second round 2022 is running their second line and killing it and was given the shot over vets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad