Ontario Reign 22-23 thread. Nothin' lasts forever, even cold November Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There was some serious feistiness at the rookie skate today.

A surprising amount of physicality.

good-good-evil.gif

Reactions: Reaper45

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Can you elaborate?
I couldn't give you any specific names or plays but there were at least half a dozen times where I was surprised at someone getting their face mushed against the glass or guys hitting a lot harder than I would expect in that setting.

Some really mean looking plays where I was a little surprised someone didn't have any objections in the way of a face wash or something...

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Finally. Blake softened up the organization and now realized after Turcotte getting smoked, Hickey getting cross checked and Byfield steam rolled by Kassian.
Doty is tough and was there when Turcotte got smoked, he later fought the guy IIRC. Whilst team toughness is good and it helps momentum etc, it won’t stop guys getting hit or taken out. It never has. The guys that do stuff intentionally don’t care if they have to answer the bell or if an agitator they will happily take a cross check/punch to draw a penalty.

Team toughness is important but it stops none of those incidents.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Doty is tough and was there when Turcotte got smoked, he later fought the guy IIRC. Whilst team toughness is good and it helps momentum etc, it won’t stop guys getting hit or taken out. It never has. The guys that do stuff intentionally don’t care if they have to answer the bell or if an agitator they will happily take a cross check/punch to draw a penalty.

Team toughness is important but it stops none of those incidents.
Its not ever going to prevent them, that was never the reason for having those guys. You have them for the response so the room can hold their heads up higher and move on from the incidents instead of letting them sink the team like what happened with Roy and Bjornfot. Those incidents lingered over the team for weeks and emotionally took them out of the games.

You fight to change the temperature of the game, either to wake your guys up or to settle them down when rattled. Its not a nuclear deterrent.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Its not ever going to prevent them, that was never the reason for having those guys. You have them for the response so the room can hold their heads up higher and move on from the incidents instead of letting them sink the team like what happened with Roy and Bjornfot. Those incidents lingered over the team for weeks and emotionally took them out of the games.

You fight to change the temperature of the game, either to wake your guys up or to settle them down when rattled. Its not a nuclear deterrent.
Please stay on topic

Would you or would you not suck a fart out of Margot Robbie’s ass?

RabidKiwi

Oct 3, 2022
Helenius drops the gloves but is tied up in a nothing fight. End of second Grans pushed from behind into the boards and gets up and take exception but only some pushing back. Doty on the ice for last six seconds of period while on PP as if to say "be careful SD these last six seconds"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad