Only 18K Sabres Tickets Remain for Season

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Sure is relevant. Sabres take care of season ticket holders -- the people who were loyal to them through some ugly years. Hey, I'm on waiting list. I have deal with a season ticket holder and I get 25% of tickets for a a slight mark up. He took the risk and now gets the benefits.

What is the 'risk' of being a season ticket holder? There isn't one. Again, it's pretty simple... if the argument is that the practice is unfair, saying "you could have gotten season tickets, too" is not a very sensible counterargument because A. obviously not everyone could have gotten them and B. that has no bearing on whether or not the practice is fair. If someone is attempting to make the argument that stealing from a community fund is unfair, "you could have, too" is not a reasonable counterargument. Don't bother trying to say I'm equating this practice to stealing from a community fund as that's not the equation made (it's the relationship between the argument and the counterargument), and I'll also take this time to again reiterate that I have no problem with the practice, just the argument you're making in its defense.

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
So I got screwed then? the Sabres indeed allowed season ticket holders to get extra tickets at the regular season ticket prices on Sunday? Knew something was up when they listed that huge number of tickets sold on Sunday. No way they sell that many tickets if the discount was just a few bucks per ticket like in years past.

How did other season ticket holders hear about this? Email? Phone Call? Regular Mail? Some press release that I couldn't access on the Sabres website? Offer made on a special season ticket holder twitter thing? Or did season ticket holders just get lucky when they went on the Sabres website to buy extra tickets Sunday and found out either before they bought tickets or after they bought tickets that whoa, we can/got them at the season ticket holder price?

Oh well, not the first time I have got screwed out of a ticket deal for a local sports team. Just would have been nice to be able to take advantage of this pretty good deal - which as I posted in the previous post that I would have done for a couple of games.

It was an email, subject heading "Priority Purchase Pre-sale Tickets now Available." It came at 12:00noon on Sunday Jan. 13th. Do you get their emails? It seems like that's how they do most of their correspondence with STH's nowadays. I actually didn't know this until recently- they were trying to send mail to my buffalo.edu account that I no longer have. Once I realized it and changed it I started getting all sorts of emails about special offers, etc. from them.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
What is the 'risk' of being a season ticket holder? There isn't one. Again, it's pretty simple... if the argument is that the practice is unfair, saying "you could have gotten season tickets, too" is not a very sensible counterargument because A. obviously not everyone could have gotten them and B. that has no bearing on whether or not the practice is fair. If someone is attempting to make the argument that stealing from a community fund is unfair, "you could have, too" is not a reasonable counterargument. Don't bother trying to say I'm equating this practice to stealing from a community fund as that's not the equation made (it's the relationship between the argument and the counterargument), and I'll also take this time to again reiterate that I have no problem with the practice, just the argument you're making in its defense.

No risk, really? Not now. Did you have tickets in 2002-2003 or any of the lean years? If you weren't going to every game, try and sell some and get your money back. Good luck. Games didn't sell out to the same degree.
Since you're are insulting me, I'll just say you have no basic concept of the fact that people were buying into something that wasn't a sure thing. If you knew it was a slam dunk and you could unload the tickets for more than you paid, I guess anybody with a credit card could have bought season's ticket and made their money back. There was tons of opportunity to buy season's tickets in 2005-2006.
Your argument makes no sense. Anybody could have gotten them. You could have pooled five friends together. People didn't and now they are at the back of the line.
You seem to have no concept of risk/reward. Do you?

Last edited:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
As a past mini pack owner I was able to buy tickets on Sunday the 13th, I had a credit for 10 games in a 41 game home season... I bought 7 games in a 24 game season and still didn't spend my entire credit... (with some luck I'll spend it on playoff games).

The condensed season allowed everyone with Sabre credit to buy more tickets than normal...

Every Sabre game this season will be a sell out...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad