Only 18K Sabres Tickets Remain for Season

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
That's becuase STH were offered the opportunity to purchase extra tickets at STH prices. Which hasn't happened in the past.

Yeah and I'm not sure if I like that, how many STH bought extra tickets just to re-sell them and make a profit? Probably a decent amount.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Yeah and I'm not sure if I like that, how many STH bought extra tickets just to re-sell them and make a profit? Probably a decent amount.

meh, I have no problem with it. The STH are the Sabres most value customers. In a league that is so heavily dependent on gate revenue you have to keep your best customers happy. I'm not a STH btw.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
That's becuase STH were offered the opportunity to purchase extra tickets at STH prices. Which hasn't happened in the past.

Not true. STHs get options on extras every year at their normal seat price.

They just sold a crapton more to that group this year.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Got VERY VERY Lucky and purchased 5 tix together for Islanders game in the 300's Feb 23rd. Game before, vs Winnipeg, only single tix remained. reason I got lucky, the site was overloaded with requests so it wouldn't take my credit card info the first 8 times. I tried calling and was put on hold. I tried again and got it to go through.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Beechsack - Not true. STHs get options on extras every year at their normal seat price.

Huh? Season ticket holders were allowed to get extra tickets at the STHs price? How long as this been going on? This STH for the last 13 years wasn't aware of this. We do get the option of buying extra tickets before mini-pack holders get to choose their games and before tickets go on sale for the general public but the discount is only at the most $3-$4 - one year - maybe the year after the lockout - it was $5 difference.

Maybe you are confusing the Sabres with the Bandits - those STHs (which I am one) are allowed to buy extra tickets - before they go on sale to the general public - at the season ticket prices. Its an $8 difference from the STHs price to the single game price at each of the three price levels. I pay $21 per game for my 100 Level Corners which a single game ticket there is price at $29.

Now if STHs were able to get extra tickets at STHs prices this year because of the lockout - this STH wasn't aware of it. I didn't get one email or phone call or regular mail about this deal. I didn't see this mentioned in any press release concerning ticket sales for this past weekend either. Guess this STH isn't important enough. This sucks as I would have definiately taken advantage of this deal and bought some extra tickets to a couple of games. I wouldn't have done this to make a huge profit even - the tickets would have been given to my cousins kids as upcoming birthday gifts. Unfortunately paying regular prices or the $2-$3 off regular prices are just too much for me to give out as a birthday gift. Guess I'll just give them my tickets for a couple of games which I had plan on doing already.

Last edited:

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
According to our CFO, who pays the bill for our corporate tickets, we've had the option to purchase extras every year at the same price we pay for our regular seats.

Maybe it's something different on a corporate account.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Unless I'm wrong .....

In the past, the Sabres offered additional tickets (before seliing to the general public) beyond my Seasons at $4.00 below box office price. Not STH price. This is the first time they offered additional tickets at STH prices.

I think it's kinda lame and they shouldn't have offered that. They would of still sold a ton of seats at the regular box office price due to the limited home games.

buzzerk

Mar 9, 2008
Waterloo
This is the first year I have been able to buy extras at the sth prices. The extras are normally at face value and the odd time they will have game of the month when a non sold out game you could buy extra.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
So I got screwed then? the Sabres indeed allowed season ticket holders to get extra tickets at the regular season ticket prices on Sunday? Knew something was up when they listed that huge number of tickets sold on Sunday. No way they sell that many tickets if the discount was just a few bucks per ticket like in years past.

How did other season ticket holders hear about this? Email? Phone Call? Regular Mail? Some press release that I couldn't access on the Sabres website? Offer made on a special season ticket holder twitter thing? Or did season ticket holders just get lucky when they went on the Sabres website to buy extra tickets Sunday and found out either before they bought tickets or after they bought tickets that whoa, we can/got them at the season ticket holder price?

Oh well, not the first time I have got screwed out of a ticket deal for a local sports team. Just would have been nice to be able to take advantage of this pretty good deal - which as I posted in the previous post that I would have done for a couple of games.

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Lax ... I was informed via an e-mail with my account info attached. And I agree, they shouldn't have done that. The games would of sold out anyway if they didn't offer that deal. Sorry to hear that the casual non STH got squeezed out in a way. Sucks. I personally didn't buy any additional tickets.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Lax ... I was informed via an e-mail with my account info attached. And I agree, they shouldn't have done that. The games would of sold out anyway if they didn't offer that deal. Sorry to hear that the casual non STH got squeezed out in a way. Sucks. I personally didn't buy any additional tickets.

I assume that many STH bought them and just resold them for friends and family who probably asked for it. Yes that still leaves out a number of fans but stub hub has plenty of tickets for at face value and below for every game, as does NHL ticket exchange. There are still plenty of ways to get tickets

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
According to our CFO, who pays the bill for our corporate tickets, we've had the option to purchase extras every year at the same price we pay for our regular seats.

Maybe it's something different on a corporate account.
Speaking of.... I wonder if I'll be able to snag a game in the corporate seats :) Should have demanded that as part of the offer I got :laugh:

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
I assume that many STH bought them and just resold them for friends and family who probably asked for it. Yes that still leaves out a number of fans but stub hub has plenty of tickets for at face value and below for every game, as does NHL ticket exchange. There are still plenty of ways to get tickets

Bingo. My buddy, who has seasons, called me Sunday morning when he got the e-mail. I took him up for the season opener, since my bro and his fiancee are in town.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Too bad. Where were these people at the beginning of 2005-2006? Could have bought season's then.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Too bad. Where were these people at the beginning of 2005-2006? Could have bought season's then.

I'm fine with the practice of letting ST holders buy up tickets that people are arguing about, but suggesting everyone "could have bought season tickets then" is kind of silly when the issue is people being able to buy single game tickets. Not everyone has the money or inclination to get season tickets and in either case its not really relevant to the argument as framed.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I'm fine with the practice of letting ST holders buy up tickets that people are arguing about, but suggesting everyone "could have bought season tickets then" is kind of silly when the issue is people being able to buy single game tickets. Not everyone has the money or inclination to get season tickets and in either case its not really relevant to the argument as framed.

Sure is relevant. Sabres take care of season ticket holders -- the people who were loyal to them through some ugly years. Hey, I'm on waiting list. I have deal with a season ticket holder and I get 25% of tickets for a a slight mark up. He took the risk and now gets the benefits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad