One thing you want to see this season... (other than lord stanley)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What is the one thing you want to see this season other than the Pens winning the Stanley Cup. Because let's be honest, that's the easy answer here.

So what's the one major thing you want to see this season for the Pittsburgh Penguins outside of winning the Cup. It can be a team result, individual player result, something off the ice, whatever. Have at it.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
More offense from Schultz. He had a nice year deffensively, but I think he needs to contribute more on offense. I think a lot will depend on who his partner is.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Murray killing it, G winning some award at the end of the year, Sprong showing he was worth the wait, and healthy, productive seasons from our top players....

Is that too much to ask?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Accident-Free-mark-FINAL-296x300.png

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Crosby having a 100 point season.
Murray taking the next step as s starter.

This. I'll add to that I'd like to see a Crosby or Malkin art ross. I think they can still do it if healthy.

Another art ross would be a nice feather in the cap for either.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What is the one thing you want to see this season other than the Pens winning the Stanley Cup. Because let's be honest, that's the easy answer here.

So what's the one major thing you want to see this season for the Pittsburgh Penguins outside of winning the Cup. It can be a team result, individual player result, something off the ice, whatever. Have at it.

Off the Ice - A full season without @ColePens losing his ****. :popcorn:

Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And have to watch HGH shamble around out there ineffectually for months? No thanks.

HGH was the best line in hockey until Horny got hurt, and Geno was the best player in hockey when that line was together. If THAT is a line that 'shambles', then I would happily suffer an encore.

EDIT: I will confess that Geno is a cluster**** with Horny EXCEPT when Hags is on the LW.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Just like everyone's other favorite meme line, HBK... it was a flash in the pan. I'll take years of sample size over months and so would anyone else thinking with their brain and not their heart. Malkin somehow figured out the "be Mario" cheat code and kept it up as long as he could while dragging everyone else along for the ride. End of story.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Sprong excel, and become our new Neal minus all the stupidity and laziness. Elite sniper, dangerous every time he touches the puck, gels perfectly with one of Sid or Geno.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Honestly, I want to see Crosby win a Hart or Ross. The "McDavid is better than Crosby ever was" viewpoint is getting old. If he takes one or both of these, that might silence some of them.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Either Crosby or Malkin are still fully capable of winning that hardware.

It just that THEIR team isn't a hopeless trainwreck that forces every play though one or the other because that's literally all they have going for them.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Can't pick any one thing tbh. I guess Murray, simply because his return to greatness will have the biggest effect, or some more silverware for the two-headed monster.

Also... it'd be cool if Jordy Bellerive blows up even more shiznit and looks like a blue chipper. That'd be a real cool story.

Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Just like everyone's other favorite meme line, HBK... it was a flash in the pan. I'll take years of sample size over months and so would anyone else thinking with their brain and not their heart. Malkin somehow figured out the "be Mario" cheat code and kept it up as long as he could while dragging everyone else along for the ride. End of story.

HBK was a think for about 10 games.

HGH killed it for a couple of months . . . and Geno was HEALTHY.

That may be my biggest objection to Geno with Phil. Eventually, he just gets hurt trying to do the dirty work for himself and Phil. Happened last season earlier. Happened the year before that and the year before that.

Honestly, I'd rather see Geno with Horny, Rust, or Sprong before Phil, provided Hags is permanently on his left side.

No miscasting Rust, who is infinitely better on his right side, or this ZAR bull**** wish casting.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't disagree with you about Kessel being a less-than-ideal fit on his right. But I just cannot condone Hornqvist there, instead. I would take flippin' Rust over there with Hagelin on the other side over Hornqvist. They just have no idea or concept of what the other is doing. Malkin loves working the puck through the neutral zone and getting that weaving give and go going. Or at least getting a pass on his tape with speed as he's flying the zone. Hornqvist is literally incapable of doing that. Or really anything that requires hands.

He really is this era's Holmstrom. Swedish and all. And I mean that in both a good and bad way.

But it's all good. Don't wanna derail this thread. And for the record I don't get the ZAR wishful thinking, either.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't disagree with you about Kessel being a less-than-ideal fit on his right. But I just cannot condone Hornqvist there, instead. I would take flippin' Rust over there with Hagelin on the other side over Hornqvist. They just have no idea or concept of what the other is doing. Malkin loves working the puck through the neutral zone and getting that weaving give and go going. Or at least getting a pass on his tape with speed as he's flying the zone. Hornqvist is literally incapable of doing that. Or really anything that requires hands.

He really is this era's Holmstrom. Swedish and all. And I mean that in both a good and bad way.

But it's all good. Don't wanna derail this thread. And for the record I don't get the ZAR wishful thinking, either.

As long as we all agree about @ColePens losing his ****, it's all good. :laugh:

BTW, I'd LOVE to see Sprong with Hags-Geno, but that be a thing that Sully would try right after Hayes, Simon, and Iceburgh on Geno's RW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad