One scout's early projections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
turnbuckle said:
Hell; if the Canes take Montoya, they could turn around and deal Ward at the draft. Perhaps they could get a second and a third for Ward from a team with a surplus of picks (the Rangers?) and pick up a couple of defensive prospects. Lord knows they need more than one young defenceman in the ranks.

If the 'Canes are looking to deal Ward, and pick up defense prospects or picks, they should give Larry Pleau a call. The Blues have lots of defense prospects, and I'm sure some kind of deal could be worked out. Pleau has a history with the 'Canes organization, after all, and I'm sure the Blues would be willing to take Ward in exchange for a decent d-prospect.

That might be a win-win situation for both sides. The 'Canes would get a good prospect at a position where their depth isn't the greatest, and the Blues would get a good prospect at a position were their depth isn't the greatest.

PrussianBlue :blues

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Well, I hope the scout you talked to is for the Kings because that's about how I see it. I'm very high on Picard as well.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
I can't speak for other scouting services but rankings should never be confused with mock drafts...a team like the Pens who already have Fleury and Caron would be foolish to take another goalie high in the draft...that said, it was nice to see this scouts' opinion of Montoya...here's a feature we did on some of the draft eligible goalies a couple of months ago: http://younggunshockey.com/monthly.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad