One reason your team WON'T win the 2017 Stanley Cup

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Girardi. Him being on the ice is like the team being on a penalty kill for 20+ mins a game.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
:edmonton

Tod Mclellan

(I expect this thread to have many, many coaches)

For another answer
- Inexperienced team, still very young and dont know how to finish off games. We will learn with time I hope.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Lack of (elite) talent among forwards, d-corps having Green and a then bunch of people playing roles way over their heads.

And Blashill, he is utilizing an overtly defensive system revolving around shell hockey and overplaying vets and the supposed "shutdown" players.

In a nut shell: the team ain't good.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Voodoo Curse. It hangs over all MIN teams. I've come to terms with it whether it's a last minute shanked FG or a third period collapse or just being completely horrible all year for years and years and years despite high picks.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Sharks

Injuries or lack of secondary scoring. Besides Couture, no one's scoring much outside our top line or PP1. We finally have three good defensive pairs but now we lack scoring.

It's not as important in the playoffs, but our power play and penalty kill are both mediocre this season.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Sharks

Injuries or lack of secondary scoring. Besides Couture, no one's scoring much outside our top line or PP1. We finally have three good defensive pairs but now we lack scoring.

It's not as important in the playoffs, but our power play and penalty kill are both mediocre this season.

Uh special teams are kind of important. One of them has to be elite if the other is bad. If they're both decent that's one thing.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Uh special teams are kind of important. One of them has to be elite if the other is bad. If they're both decent that's one thing.

Yes, hence not as important as in the regular season. Not as important =/= unimportant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad