Friedman: "One of the guys I'm hearing things about (trade rumors) is Spurgeon"

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
I would hope we have no interest in Kadri. We need hockey players, not pieces of ****.

Look, I get what Kadri did in the playoffs was stupid. But it was a retaliatory play. It’s not like he’s Matt Cooke or Raffi Torres out there legit scumbags running around with the sole intention of trying to injure guys on purpose. Naz didn’t like that Marleau’s head got ran through the stansion by DeBrusk and he retaliated, I don’t think that makes him a POS at all and I’m not even a big fan of Kadri despite being a Leafs fan. He’s a good hockey player and if used in a top 6 role will give you 25-30 tucks. Even though I’m not his biggest fan I love having him on our team because at least he will stick up for his teammates, and unfortunately a couple times crossed the line. There’s a lot of players out there that are way dirtier than Kadri.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Look, I get what Kadri did in the playoffs was stupid. But it was a retaliatory play. It’s not like he’s Matt Cooke or Raffi Torres out there legit scumbags running around with the sole intention of trying to injure guys on purpose. Naz didn’t like that Marleau’s head got ran through the stansion by DeBrusk and he retaliated, I don’t think that makes him a POS at all and I’m not even a big fan of Kadri despite being a Leafs fan. He’s a good hockey player and if used in a top 6 role will give you 25-30 tucks. Even though I’m not his biggest fan I love having him on our team because at least he will stick up for his teammates, and unfortunately a couple times crossed the line. There’s a lot of players out there that are way dirtier than Kadri.
But he is a scumbag, and that's not the first time he's done things like that. Even in our very few games that we have with TOR, Kadri outdid himself by running our goalie and making head contact. He's a POS who melts down under pressure, and hurts his team. You like him...fine! Keep him. I wouldn't want him on our team, at any cost.

Reactions: Skipee

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
But he is a *******, and that's not the first time he's done things like that. Even in our very few games that we have with TOR, Kadri outdid himself by running our goalie and making head contact. He's a POS who melts down under pressure, and hurts his team. You like him...fine! Keep him. I wouldn't want him on our team, at any cost.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest to see Fenton trade for Kadri.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
There had better be a legit goal scoring RW or potential #1C prospect coming back. If not, it’s stupid to trade him unless there’s no intention for him to re-sign here.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Kadri is a legit scumbag and a POS. Good player though

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I liked the deal the Minnesota (I believe) fan posted.

McDonald and 11th this year for Spurgeon.

If y’all don’t like that, I’m sure we can figure something else out.

Need the Spurge.
I would want more than just 11 but it's not terrible. Adding Macdonald would certainly require Philly to add something worthwhile.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Then you stop worrying about getting great value back and start worrying about getting the best possible value back, if those two things aren’t the same.
It just seems like 90% of the bickering in these threads comes down to other fanbases assuming that he's already at that point, and Wild fans assuming that we can extend him for whatever contract we have in mind.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It just seems like 90% of the bickering in these threads comes down to other fanbases assuming that he's already at that point, and Wild fans assuming that we can extend him for whatever contract we have in mind.

And the fact that people are rushing it because they want the 1st to be in this draft.

Reactions: Bazeek

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Ekblad hasn't really developed or taken a step since his rookie season....he's been overpaid far longer :)

If Nylander is so bad, I think Kapanen is probably the guy to go for in a Spurgeon trade eh?

You also have Vlasic and Burns paid until the end of time is gonna suck, the inevitable drop off will make those contracts looks swell.

The odds of Nylander bouncing back for a 60+ pt season next year look pretty good.
:laugh:

If you really want to turn this into a pissing match, Matthews is overpaid too. Burns is signed to a great cap hit. If we win the cup with him, we really don't care about the length.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
:laugh:

If you really want to turn this into a pissing match, Matthews is overpaid too. Burns is signed to a great cap hit. If we win the cup with him, we really don't care about the length.

Cap hit is fine, contract length sucked.

Burns is signed to a great cap hit right now, wait a few years.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Cap hit is fine, contract length sucked.

Burns is signed to a great cap hit right now, wait a few years.
Great, we'll enjoy our Norris calibre defender signed to a great cap hit. He's also a playoff monster, which is something you apparently lack.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
how much more on top of 11oa would it take?

I don't usually post in these threads because they're hypothetical stick measuring contests, but you seem polite.

I don't think it would take all that much more, to be honest. The only reason the Wild would move Spurgeon is if his contract demands are too high for the Wild to afford him any longer, at which point they'd have to move him, or lose him for nothing. I think 11th and a 3rd would be enough in that scenario, for sure.

Now, if Spurgeon is willing to re-sign with the Wild for a cap amount that they can stomach, I think the price goes up considerably. He's been one of the best hockey players on this team consistently for the last 4 years, at least, and is the only defenseman I actually completely expect to play the same way each game. As of this year, he's more consistent than even Suter. At that point I think you're looking at #11 and a relatively good young prospect/player.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was just saying. I figured you’d want something else.

Depending upon what that is, may or may not move the needle.
Well, he's pretty tall, isn't he? Maybe we can lend him out to the T-wolves....they always seem to have a big, useless guy on their roster.

Reactions: Starat327 and SnS

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Great, we'll enjoy our Norris calibre defender signed to a great cap hit. He's also a playoff monster, which is something you apparently lack.

Have quite a few playoff monsters, try harder.

Don't get cocky either, your team is literally still around because a ref was bad at their job lol.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Have quite a few playoff monsters, try harder.

Don't get cocky either, your team is literally still around because a ref was bad at their job lol.
No, you really don't.

We made the cup finals just a few years ago too. We're in the conference finals now because we beat the other teams. We've had awful calls go against us. It was statistically insignificant for that one call to have any effect on the game. We won because the other team folded like a cheap deck of cards.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No, you really don't.

We made the cup finals just a few years ago too. We're in the conference finals now because we beat the other teams. We've had awful calls go against us. It was statistically insignificant for that one call to have any effect on the game. We won because the other team folded like a cheap deck of cards.

1. We do - Matthews already has over 33% of Joe Thornton's total career playoff goals.
2. Your team folded like a sack of crap for multiple years, you've had many Tampa Bay calibre teams that choked repeatedly in rounds 1-2 when many people were counting you as Cup favourites.
3. Finals appearances don't count for anything, you were the best loser that year, congrats.
4. If you don't think a team getting a 5 minute major didn't change the course of history, get your head checked man. Your team would be golfing right now without the help from the officials. It wasn't a major penalty and it was called as one, Sharks were *done*.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad