One Man Island: The Mike Weber Appreciation Thread

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
This is a Weber-bashing free zone.

I created this thread to have conversations (with myself?) throughout the season on the positive contributions of Mike Weber.

Types of phrases not allowed here:
- anyone in the lineup but Weber
- any sentence with "Weber" and "7th defenseman" in it

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
fbItfv4.jpg

Mikey likey this thread

Last edited:

Shoey

Hello.
Jun 25, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.ypoiw.blogspot.com
Mike Weber is a very important player in the current direction of the team. I've heard people on twitter call him "tank commander" which is a pretty rad nickname.

ultimately I just like him because he's north american and hits people, which are of course the 2 of the most important attributes in a hockey player along with "heart", "grit", and "want-to".

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I appreciate how he seems to be well received as a teammate.

I can't appreciate how he played last season on the ice, and I hope he turns it around and gets back to a simple game that doesn't see him running around chasing out of position. Let the hits come to him.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Best beard in the league. Ability to grow great beard is a valuable asset in the playoffs. That makes him a keeper. He'll grow, literaly, with every playoff game once we're there.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Makes mistakes in own end. But owns a projectable frame, and a plus beard. Is besties with Steve Ott.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
I'm not a big Weber fan but I do think he gets a bit of a rough ride around here. Lets face it, he's a bottom pair D-man. That being said, I think he's a decent one. He's well liked, physical, and will drop the gloves for his team. Not sure why he gets so much hate. Sure he has his share of "hand-grenade" moments but if you look around the league most teams bottom pairs have guys like that. He is what he is and he does his job. /salute

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Types of phrases not allowed here:
- anyone in the lineup but Weber
- any sentence with "Weber" and "7th defenseman" in it

So is "tank commander weber" an acceptable loophole? :sarcasm:

Best beard in the league. Ability to grow great beard is a valuable asset in the playoffs. That makes him a keeper. He'll grow, literaly, with every playoff game once we're there.

Radko gudas would like to have a word with you

Hell, he doesn't even have the best beard of those with the surname weber in the league

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
Mike Weber gets way to much hate. He is our grittiest defender and as such plays an important role. He will no longer be backed up by the performance of Jamie McBain, so he will probably not be left out on an island quite as frequently this year. I expect a season that is decidedly acceptable from Mike Weber.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Not sure why this needs to be here.

Mike Weber is what he is at this point in his career:

A stay at home d-man who can skate decently and be moderately physical.

At best, he's a bottom pairing/7th d-man at this point.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Not sure why this needs to be here.

Mike Weber is what he is at this point in his career:

A stay at home d-man who can skate decently and be moderately physical.

At best, he's a bottom pairing/7th d-man at this point.

No soup for you!

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Bill Hoppe‏@BillHoppeNHL
Looks like ........... Nikita Zadorov and Tyson Strachan are scratches tonight. #Sabres

Congratulations to Mike Weber for playing in the season opener for a 2nd year in a row. Top 6 baby!!

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Are you calling him a "one man island" because you think the Islanders should trade for him?

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Are you calling him a "one man island" because you think the Islanders should trade for him?

He can be a double agent of sorts...improve our draft position and then improve the isles' for us

*waits for islanders fans to come flocking*

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Weber is one of my favorite players. A guy that is willing to do anything and everything for the team and teammates. People don't realize how rare it is in this league.

He certainly has his struggles but the hate and or mocking goes way overboard in my book.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I can't wait to post in this thread with sincere appreciation for Weber's good plays

see you next year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad