One-hit wonders in KHL

fYcak

Apr 29, 2014
Hi guys, I need your advice. Do you remember any player in KHL who you can call as a One-hit wonder? I mean player who had one great season and then his career ended. :help:

Thank you,

fYcak

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, Mamashev sure is a great example. Yevgeni Lapin, Yegor Shastin also come to mind. Other than these, I don't know, many players, much like Mamashev, had the season they will never be able to repeat but otherwise are still successful (Dmitri Pestunov, Charles Linglet, even Jan Marek) so I'm not sure they qualify here.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
It's very tempting to call Anisin a "one hit wonder", both on and off the ice. And he's probably done by now.
images3.jpg

Then again, the regular season wasn't all that impressive.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Denis Platonov, now with a Gagarin Cup in a minor supportive role after he was considered the leader and was an NT callup.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I see people mentioning Anisin but actually he had three pretty good and similar one to the other seasons. Platonov isn't this case altogether, he's been good and consistent player for Magnitka for years and now has only slowed down due to the age.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
I see people mentioning Anisin but actually he had three pretty good and similar one to the other seasons. Platonov isn't this case altogether, he's been good and consistent player for Magnitka for years and now has only slowed down due to the age.
There were two decent seasons in Novosibirsk, 2010-11 and 2012-13 were pretty sketchy. But none of them come close to the success of his spectacular 2012 playoff run. Everyone was high on him back in the day.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

There was one season when Platonov was declared... whatever. I'll quote:

"reporter

-did Platonov knock on the national team door with his performance?

Bykov

-I'd rather say he broke it open."

And since then it's nada.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There was one season when Platonov was declared... whatever. I'll quote:

"reporter

-did Platonov knock on the national team door with his performance?

Bykov

-I'd rather say he broke it open."

And since then it's nada.

Meaning what? I remind you, PR wrote: "I mean player who had one great season and then his career ended." How does Platonov figure in here?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Meaning what? I remind you, PR wrote: "I mean player who had one great season and then his career ended." How does Platonov figure in here?

He's had that season when he got the above quote and since then his carrer hasn't ended, it's true, but he hasn't nearly confirmed that level ever since.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He's had that season when he got the above quote and since then his carrer hasn't ended, it's true, but he hasn't nearly confirmed that level ever since.

What about his seasons before that one?

Jan Marek is the best example. Yes, he scored 72 points once, a feet which he had never reached before and never reached again. That doesn't mean he wasn't a very good player both before and after that season. Same with Platonov. The fact that he had one season which was a tiny bit more successful than the others doesn't make him one season wonder.

I mean look at this, outsider wouldn't even know which season you are talking about, he was as consistent as they come throughout his peak years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad