One goal games - a reoccurring theme

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
It's like 11 of past 12 Caps playoff games (or something like that) that have all been one goal games. Why do you think it's like that? What makes games always so close for the Caps and their opponents in the postseason?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A combo of game management, and the need to grind down defensemen as the key victory, which does not prioritize scoring goals; like our last game. And shutting down the offense at the first chance so as not to surrender quality chances against.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
A combo of game management, and the need to grind down defensemen as the key victory, which does not prioritize scoring goals; like our last game. And shutting down the offense at the first chance so as not to surrender quality chances against.

I don't know why Trotz refuses to keep pouring it on when he gets a lead. I thought we should've stayed disciplined in game 4 and calmly put the Leafs away when we had a 4-1 lead. Instead, we took dumb penalties like we did all season and the Leafs got back to within 1.

That's the biggest difference between us and the Penguins. When they have a 4-1 lead, they want to make it 5-1 or 6-1.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Coin Flip Hockey.

6wIZRsf.png

(came up with this while watching last night's game)

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
While the caps have been playing a lot of close hockey, I think its fair to say 26 of 38 playoff games this year have been 1 goal games. And there have been only 4 total where a team has won by more than 2. A lot of close hockey being played.

That being said, I think we should have beat the leafs by 2-3 goals the last couple games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad