LeBrun: Ondrej Palat will hit the market

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
35 million in cap space, bud.
Thanks, I more asked because Yzerman doesn't strike me as the kind of GM to get wrapped up in big, inflated UFA deals. So signing two of them in one day seemed surprising to me, but obviously I don't know much.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Thanks, I more asked because Yzerman doesn't strike me as the kind of GM to get wrapped up in big, inflated UFA deals. So signing two of them in one day seemed surprising to me, but obviously I don't know much.

He’s not, but there are a lot of benefits to Palat signing with Detroit.

Clear upgrade to the top 6
Bertuzzi FA insurance
Mentor for the young guys
When he’s old his game translates down to a solid 3rd line vet.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
It is Gaudreau AINEC, with all due respect to Palat
If just skating around and avoiding all contact and defense is the definition of your hockey. Palat is probably one the best all round wingers in the league. Does it all, in all situations. Gaudreau is one of the best offensive players in the league who is allergic to the letter D, so he refuses to play defense.

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
What a strange situation. An absolutely best forward on the market, who is proven playoff producer, is still unsigned.
Why wouldn't he take his time to find the right fit. He's gonna have to move and play there for a considerable amount of time.

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
If just skating around and avoiding all contact and defense is the definition of your hockey. Palat is probably one the best all round wingers in the league. Does it all, in all situations. Gaudreau is one of the best offensive players in the league who is allergic to the letter D, so he refuses to play defense.

That is a pretty dumb take on Gaudreau

Reactions: Curufinwe

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
That is a pretty dumb take on Gaudreau
I watched a lot of his games, and my best friends are all from Calgary and die hard Calgary fans. Its the same complaint they've had his whole career. His apathetic defense. You'd have to be blind to see him put next to no effort to defense game in and game out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad