Confirmed with Link: Ondrej Palat & TyJo Calder Finalists

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
@wyshynski: Calder Trophy finalists: Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat of the Tampa Bay Lightning and Nathan MacKinnon of the Colorado Avalanche #NHL

@PR_NHL: Tyler Johnson (TB), Ondrej Palat (TB), Nathan MacKinnon (COL) are finalists for 2013-14 Calder Memorial Trophy. http://t.co/GsfIFtrkiE

Last edited by a moderator:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I didn't see much of Palat this year but Johnson has impressed me a lot. His speed is phenomenal. Having those two be Calder finalists with Drouin still waiting in the wings is an embarrassment of riches.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
@NHLJensen: Palat & Johnson were 1st rookie teammates w/20+ goals apiece since Toews & Kane in 2007-08. Well-deserved Calder consideration. #TBLightning

Yzlamic Preacher*

Congrats Drej and TJ. You two earned it this year.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
:handclap:

It's a really tough choice this year. With my homer glasses off I'd still lean towards picking Palat. He's dominant in all three zones at all times (ES, PP, PK) and does what only Marty did for us: Make his linemates better.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
@NHLJensen: Palat & Johnson were 1st rookie teammates w/20+ goals apiece since Toews & Kane in 2007-08. Well-deserved Calder consideration. #TBLightning

That is pretty crazy. Very elite company.

Hell of a job by the boys. Nate will win it, but I think Palat makes a damn good case as to why he should win. TJ is quickly becoming one of my favorite players too. Hopefully they keep growing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Palat has been our best player since the beginning of the 2014, bar none. I don't think he had a bad game in that stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad