Recalled/Assigned: On the waivers: Greg Scott, Ryan Hamilton, Mike Mottau, Keith Aucoin

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
with Kadri and Frattin likely on the big club, and Aucoin leaving, it opens up room for McKegg and Brad Ross

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
With the Leafs losing 3 of their top forwards, 2 defenseman AND starting goaltender, they will hurt quite a bit.

Eakins will have to show what he's made off.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
With the Leafs losing 3 of their top forwards, 2 defenseman AND starting goaltender, they will hurt quite a bit.

Eakins will have to show what he's made off.

They lost a D, but added Mottau so that eases the pain a bit.

Youth will need to step up and some players will need to bounce back a bit offensively such as Greg Scott and Jerry D'Amigo.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
can somebody clarify if they changed the waiver conditions in the new CBA? I always thought it had to do with how many games you have played not whether its your 2nd contract.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They lost a D, but added Mottau so that eases the pain a bit.

Youth will need to step up and some players will need to bounce back a bit offensively such as Greg Scott and Jerry D'Amigo.

True.

McKegg and Colborne should get a good amount of minutes.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
NYI claim Aucoin

Aucoin must be happy as this will give him a chance to play in the NHL this year.

This is also good for the Marlies as it will provide more crucial PP and TOI/G and opportunities for Leafs prospects Colborne and D'Amigo and McKegg etc.

"Play the Kids" isn't only a NHL desire, but extends to the development system and AHL as well.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Aucoin must be happy as this will give him a chance to play in the NHL this year.

This is also good for the Marlies as it will provide more crucial PP and TOI/G and opportunities for Leafs prospects Colborne and D'Amigo and McKegg etc.

I was thinking the same thing. He can now make more money and get NHL minutes rather than AHL.

It sucks for the Marlies but we have the young guys who can hopefully step up. I.E Colborne, McKegg.

Phelan

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Garth Snow is an idiot of a GM. He just literally goes around claiming everyone who hits waivers. How does he still have a job?

Maybe he's doing a Moneyball version for hockey? He'll be the last one to laugh after they break the wins in a row record, then goes down 4 straight in the playoffs!!!:)

Grandpabuzz

Oct 13, 2003
Dallas, Texas
I want Nonis to claim Taormina from Tampa. I thought he was really underrated when in played with New Jersey and would be a much better upgrade than having Holzer, Komisarek or Franson playing in the top six. He's also still young at 26 and been playing decently so far in the AHL.

Last edited:

Polk High

Sep 9, 2009
:laugh: Of course they do. Waivers are the only way the Isles can get anyone to play for them.

LOL. Waivers, the NHL's version of human trafficking.

Take it easy, I'm not making light of that situation.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Kind of a drag to lose Aucoin but it's all in the name of development. He was a good soldier for the Marlies. All the best to him on his new team.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
I took the liberty to cut off the names. Greg Scott isn't on the list or I'm blind

2N5PL.jpg

I heard Leafs allowed Marlies to train with them; so it's possible a few were not officially "at camp".

momo

Jun 20, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

More waivers: Blunden, St. Denis (MTL). Byron, Carson, Irving, Karlsson (CGY), Connor, C Johnson, N Johnson, Klinkhammer, Rechlicz (PHX).

Irving on waivers. What are the chances Leafs claim him?

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
How many roster spots can a team have?? Isn't it 50? So with Lombardi traded and Aucoin claimed, we are slowly getting more room to allow more players coming in with trades.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
How many roster spots can a team have?? Isn't it 50? So with Lombardi traded and Aucoin claimed, we are slowly getting more room to allow more players coming in with trades.

That's the max number of contracts yes. A trade would be a possibility. I have a feeling we'll be making a claim ourselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad