On the Penguins: The good, bad and ugly of Movember moustaches

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Can I have those two minutes of my life back?
You didn't read until the end? :) Some of the players discuss the best ice. There's been threads of several pages discussing whether the sun belt states' rinks are worse or not because of the weather. I thought it was interesting that the players think the heat/weather does make a difference - despite the same tech. for preparing the ice (in each arena).

BobCole

May 21, 2014
You didn't read until the end? :) Some of the players discuss the best ice. There's been threads of several pages discussing whether the sun belt states' rinks are worse or not because of the weather. I thought it was interesting that the players think the heat/weather does make a difference - despite the same tech. for preparing the ice (in each arena).

Excuse my flippant response, I just couldn't believe that 3/4 of an ostensible hockey story covered the issue of facial hair. Anyway, from everything I've read, the ice at Rexall has devolved into crap over the last 5 years or so. It somehow maintains its reputation, even amongst the players, apparently. No surprise that they have trouble making good ice in friggin' south Florida. I've also read damning things about the ice at Consol. Am I the only one who wishes we were still playing in the Igloo - where the atmosphere felt right and 20 year olds didn't go down to blood clots and cancerous tumors every other week?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad