Potential Season Ending Epic Double-Assed GDT: On The Brink| Blues @ Avs| 7pm, TNT| Lazy Meme/Gif Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
Awesome comeback by our team!!! We need to keep that determination going for all of Game 6 tomorrow night, but I believe this team can do it!

Since I posted "The Warrior" to get us motivated for last night's game, here's another 80s song which applies to the great win last night! Enjoy!

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I agree with most of this, but I don't understand how Buch keeps getting lumped in with guys that "need to get it going". He has 11 points in 11 games in the playoffs including 7 points in 5 games in this series. Sure we'd like to see a few more goals in that total, but he is one of only three players on the team at a point per game in the playoffs and the only one to do so in this series. He is definitely underappreciated in these playoffs.
That is fair, and I almost went back and edited the post to take him out. He has been better than my post gives him credit for.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
228E2404-7688-4EEF-B322-5BA8684958B4.gif

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I agree with most of this, but I don't understand how Buch keeps getting lumped in with guys that "need to get it going". He has 11 points in 11 games in the playoffs including 7 points in 5 games in this series. Sure we'd like to see a few more goals in that total, but he is one of only three players on the team at a point per game in the playoffs and the only one to do so in this series. He is definitely underappreciated in these playoffs.
Yeah, his shot hasn't been there but he has played well.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
All while having one of the toughest assignments of controlling (and doing so successfully) Makar.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Can someone please explain the Mikkola penalty? It was a follow through on the puck and the stick caught Kadri up high which is legal. The the actual call was roughing. That was NOT roughing or an intentional high stick. My guess its because it was Kadri and now the league is trying to protect him cause he is alll of a sudden the victim in all of this!
TNT mistakenly showed roughing on the graphic, but the actual call was indeed a high stick. It is listed as a high stick on NHL.com and that brief graphic was the only indication that it wasn't called high stick by the ref.

I thought it should have been deemed a follow through, but the fact that he didn't actually direct the puck allows them to describe it as an out of control swing rather than a shot. I didn't think he was out of control and it looked to me like he made a perfectly reasonable play at the puck, but that his stick slid up the Avs' stick when the Avs player got his stick there first.

I think it gets called as a high stick more often than not whenever a player misses the puck he is trying to play, but there are definitely instances where it gets deemed a follow through. Without the benefit of replay, it generally looks like a careless swing when a player doesn't contact the puck. If this is the worst call in a game, then the refs are doing a great job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puck Luck

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
TNT mistakenly showed roughing on the graphic, but the actual call was indeed a high stick. It is listed as a high stick on NHL.com and that brief graphic was the only indication that it wasn't called high stick by the ref.

I thought it should have been deemed a follow through, but the fact that he didn't actually direct the puck allows them to describe it as an out of control swing rather than a shot. I didn't think he was out of control and it looked to me like he made a perfectly reasonable play at the puck, but that his stick slid up the Avs' stick when the Avs player got his stick there first.

I think it gets called as a high stick more often than not whenever a player misses the puck he is trying to play, but there are definitely instances where it gets deemed a follow through. Without the benefit of replay, it generally looks like a careless swing when a player doesn't contact the puck. If this is the worst call in a game, then the refs are doing a great job.
I don't disagree with what you are saying here but I think the frustrating part of it is Schenn was hit with a high stick at the end of game 4 where they deemed it a follow through when the Avs player also failed to make contact with the puck. It's not easy to get every call right but in this day and age with video review and slow motion replays, the inconsistent calls on the same type of play between teams is going to draw ire.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS

The exact same thing happened the game before when Schenn got high sticked but there was no call.

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
I’ll be honest. I am not expecting another win from the Blues. I actually think it’s going to be a blowout. But I also treat teams I support like the slime from Ghostbusters 2. You have to be negative if you want a response.

Reactions: Sushiko

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I’ll be honest. I am not expecting another win from the Blues. I actually think it’s going to be a blowout. But I also treat teams I support like the slime from Ghostbusters 2. You have to be negative if you want a response.

Keep your negativity to yourself then. Who gives a f*** if we lose? The only ones that have pressure or anything to prove are the Avs. So we can just have fun and play to hurt feelings.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Funny.

That drum thing is so lame. The 2019 pre-game was so great. Go back to that.

Though I have a feeling Stillman has Hull locked in a cage this post-season.

Hull should do his thing before every game. He will become like a Harry Caray kind of thing. Except even more drunk.

Reactions: Ridge1982

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Can someone please explain the Mikkola penalty? It was a follow through on the puck and the stick caught Kadri up high which is legal. The the actual call was roughing. That was NOT roughing or an intentional high stick. My guess its because it was Kadri and now the league is trying to protect him cause he is alll of a sudden the victim in all of this!
It was a whack at a loose puck, not a follow-through on a shot or pass.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Wow - I didn't watch or tape the game, so obviously I won't be seeing Game 6 also.

Unbelievable comeback by the boys. One of the great victories ever - or just a footnote.

Let's Go Blues!
Dude, why can't you watch G6?

We need all hands on deck, yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad