O'Marra

Status
Not open for further replies.

stmikes76

Nov 25, 2004
O'Marra in a nut shell

O'Marra plays a very deceptive game. He has good offensive awareness and is a smart hockey player. He really stepped up in this years under 18 camp in regards to his leadership abilites. He doesn't possess the best speed but is positionally sound and can win important face-offs. He competes and reminds me of a Shane Doan, a guy who will take some time to adjust to the league but eventually find his niche. He will probably work on the finer aspects of his game in his first few seasons and slowly graduate to a top line once he understands the nuances of the pro game. Expect him to be a consistent 23-28 goal scorer averaging under a point a game in 4 to 5 seasons. Has Chris Gratton size!

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I think if Brule, Ryan, and Kopitar are gone by 7, O'Marra definitely seems like the type the Hawks are looking to pick. Him, Skille, or Zapagren at that spot.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
The modern day version of Keith Primeau... more on the deflections and crease-jamming than on puck control. Or Rod Brind'Amour if he smooths out some rough edges a bit. Mark Bell. Pretty safe, good character pick. I dunno where he goes in the draft, though, because ATL, OTT, VAN, LA, SJ... don't seem to be likely destinations. :dunno:

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
theBob said:
I think if Brule, Ryan, and Kopitar are gone by 7, O'Marra definitely seems like the type the Hawks are looking to pick. Him, Skille, or Zapagren at that spot.

I see the Hawks picking Zagrapan.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Blind Gardien said:
The modern day version of Keith Primeau... more on the deflections and crease-jamming than on puck control. Or Rod Brind'Amour if he smooths out some rough edges a bit. Mark Bell. Pretty safe, good character pick. I dunno where he goes in the draft, though, because ATL, OTT, VAN, LA, SJ... don't seem to be likely destinations. :dunno:

if Skille is gone, I could see Vancouver picking him up... that's the type of player they always seem to go after - constantly looking for that next Linden that can have the same impact on the team on and off the ice.

They went the same route with Kesler... and last draft if Chipchura was there, they probably would have go for him too.

personally I'd like to see them move up and try and get Brule or Kopitar, but I think that O'Marra is a very likely possibility at #10 if he doesn't go higher.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Russian_fanatic said:
What type of production do you expect out of O'Marra?
The actual production might depend on his team and the chemistry he gets with his linemates. He could be a 40-pt guy, like Primeau or Brind'Amour have been in the last few years, or if he gets top-line duty with some dynamic skilled wingers, those numbers could jump. I don't think the points are really important with O'Marra... he'll get what he gets and complement other players well anywhere from top line to 3rd line, depending on the team situation he gets into and how he develops. All of those guys mentioned, Linden, Muller, Brind'Amour, etc, had some pretty big point seasons. It's hard to project 17-year old kids up to that level. But stylistically he has some of the same traits, that's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad