OT: Olympics

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sanderson is pretty much the only reason I have any interest in this year's Olympics...
The games look like NHL speed on the smaller ice, the rosters are close and the intensity should bring it up to a similar level as regular season NHL play. There are tons of great young players and its for an Olympic medal. I think once people actually watch the games they will like it. Power looked incredible in the first game same with Johnson. After watching Mactavish skate circles around guys at the WJC and Ho Sang do the same in pre season NHL then not even notice them in game 1 says this is pretty good hockey.

I am looking forward to Canadas physicality against a very young USA team tonight. Canada came with a real heavy forcheck against the Germans, i love that style of play.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The games look like NHL speed on the smaller ice, the rosters are close and the intensity should bring it up to a similar level as regular season NHL play. There are tons of great young players and its for an Olympic medal. I think once people actually watch the games they will like it. Power looked incredible in the first game same with Johnson. After watching Mactavish skate circles around guys at the WJC and Ho Sang do the same in pre season NHL then not even notice them in game 1 says this is pretty good hockey.

I am looking forward to Canadas physicality against a very young USA team tonight. Canada came with a real heavy forcheck against the Germans, i love that style of play.

I have no doubt that it's good hockey to watch, just between the timing and the other things going on its failed to capture my attention. More to do with me than anything else

Reactions: bert

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I don't know how much they're playing Power on Team Canada, but Power vs Sanderson is going to be great to watch.

The team is much worse than last years World Championship team, and Power played big minutes for them. I'm sure he's gonna be heard to miss out there. If anything, Sanderson might get eased in tonight.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Sweden couldn't play a more boring system if they tried.

Also Corbin Knight sounds like a name straight from 00s Disney Channel.

edit: Dammit :(

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
That was an embarrassing performance from the Canadian men in hockey even though I expected very little out of a scrub team.

Reactions: Yak

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Did a great job holding them off at the end. USA got away with some pretty blatant goalie interference in the minute leading up to their second goal.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Canada sat back in the 3rd DJ Smith style, but came away with the gold!

Very nice medal ceremony too!

(and I have a crush on Natalie Spooner... don't tell my gf/wife)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great win by Canada's women's hockey team winning gold in the Olympics. Captain Clutch Poulin is definitely on her way to a 1st ballot HOF nomination whenever she retires.

Reactions: OD99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad