Olympian unfortunate: PAUL KARIYA ... the cost of playing in Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklez

Jan 1, 2004
Behind the bench!
Visit site
I think Kariya or Shanahan should have made it over Doan but I guess playing for the guy who is basically the boss of the national team helps you get onto it.
and i bet you think the fact that Doan played in Phoenix had absolutely no infuence with Doan being picked. absolutely none?
I really don't think Doan made it just because Gretzky is his coach. If that were the only reason, then why didn't CuJo make the team? He has been the best Canadian goalie this year, yet he still didn't make it. You'd think his play of late plus the fact Gretz is his coach would guarantee him a spot, but nope. Hmm, maybe Gretzky doesn't have as much of a biase as people think?

I won't deny that Gretzky probably had some influence on getting Doan on the team, but I think for the most part he's there because of his performance at the World Cup, as well as his tough style of play.

PS.
Kariya sucks :biglaugh: :sarcasm:

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Knucklez said:
I really don't think Doan made it just because Gretzky is his coach. If that were the only reason, then why didn't CuJo make the team? He has been the best Canadian goalie this year, yet he still didn't make it. You'd think his play of late plus the fact Gretz is his coach would guarantee him a spot, but nope. Hmm, maybe Gretzky doesn't have as much of a biase as people think?

I won't deny that Gretzky probably had some influence on getting Doan on the team, but I think for the most part he's there because of his performance at the World Cup, as well as his tough style of play.

Cujo has been the second best Canadian goalie. Turco has been the best, and if he doesn't play, I don't like Canada's chances at the gold.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad