Olsen or SOB when Kulikov comes back?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
There's a reason why Olsen has been on the roster all season and SOB hasn't. Compared to the other defensemen, they're not as good and there's a reason why they're counted on the least. However, because they're the lowest on the chain of defensive command, it's understandable that they might make the most mistakes.

It's frustrating for Olsen's case as he looked awesome when coming from Chicago, but only when he played with Guds. Unfortunately, he still hasn't been able to show us that impressive play again when paired with other defensemen, but at some point in the near future, hopefully that changes.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
At 24, I ain't sweating it too much. But if this team gets another solid Dman for this season, it would be tremendous.

Filip Kuba? Jk jk

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Sorta makes you realize how sneaky good Gudbranson has been when Olsen plays without him.

I'm looking forward to a Matheson-Gudbranson pairing

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
SOB has been terrible, I honestly don't see why this is even a thread. He's a #8 dman and the quicker he's back in SA the better.

I and a couple friends think he's looked pretty decent out there. Not great, but I'm also not expecting very much from him.

Seriously, you guys crack me up with some of your expectations.

Sorta makes you realize how sneaky good Gudbranson has been when Olsen plays without him.

I'm looking forward to a Matheson-Gudbranson pairing

Me too.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Olsen and it's not close. I really wish Tallon would get Guds a vet d-man to pair with. I think that's the missing link for his development.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I and a couple friends think he's looked pretty decent out there. Not great, but I'm also not expecting very much from him.

Seriously, you guys crack me up with some of your expectations.

Main reason they lost the Caps game, brutal turnover on one of their goals. Looked bad against the Flames. Did nothing against Buffalo. Was decent against Vancouver.

If me expecting him to be decent in more than one of 4 games is unrealistic, then yeah I'm too hard on him. Not to mention he's a clown off the ice and definitely not the type of person you want on a young team.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Main reason they lost the Caps game, brutal turnover on one of their goals. Looked bad against the Flames. Did nothing against Buffalo. Was decent against Vancouver.

If me expecting him to be decent in more than one of 4 games is unrealistic, then yeah I'm to hard on him. Not too mention he's a clown off the ice and definitely not the type of person you want on a young team.

Doesn't help that his best bud Upshall is here too

anders and

Nov 16, 2013
Olsen, Ekblad and SOB (maybe even Gud) all need a veteran d-man for support. It was a brutal decision to pair Olsen and SOB and could have cost us a lost against the Flames.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Olsen and it's not close. I really wish Tallon would get Guds a vet d-man to pair with. I think that's the missing link for his development.

Except, Erik has had a very good season.

If me expecting him to be decent in more than one of 4 games is unrealistic, then yeah I'm too hard on him. Not to mention he's a clown off the ice and definitely not the type of person you want on a young team.

I don't like who he has off the ice, nor do I really care to have him around for very long, but I don't think he's been brutal. Caps game yes, wasn't great last night, but again, I don't expect much from him. He is what he is. I'm glad he's not our #6 guy out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad