Olsen or SOB when Kulikov comes back?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I love the lines the Panthers have right now. the combinations seem to have good chemistry.

When Barkov comes back, obviously he replaces Tro.

when kulikov returns who do you guys want to sit to pair with Gud? Olsen or SOB?

I think Olsen just had an atrocious game last night, but I don't know, I've "noticed" SOB more than Olsen these last few games.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Olsen and Guds have proven chemistry, I don't see a reason to break up that pairing, unless there's suddenly a trade for a better alternative.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Olsen and Guds have proven chemistry, I don't see a reason to break up that pairing, unless there's suddenly a trade for a better alternative.

Not like we saw when Olsen first started playing with Guddy.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not like we saw when Olsen first started playing with Guddy.
Still, it's chemistry. They know where the other guy is going to be, predict moves/passes etc. That kind of stuff takes a while to develop. And based on the corsi stuff, Guds/Olsen pairing has been doing a lot more than your regular bottom pairing.

SOB is not an NHL caliber d-man on a regular basis and he can't be trusted. Get him on the first plane to San Antonio when everyone is healthy.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Well let me ask it this way, if Olsen can be moved for a scorer or a playmaker that will help this team on offense, would you trust SOB the rest of the way?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Well let me ask it this way, if Olsen can be moved for a scorer or a playmaker that will help this team on offense, would you trust SOB the rest of the way?

You can't move him for that. He doesn't have that type of value

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
As batting1k already said, Olsen doesn't have that kind of value.

But regardless, no I absolutely would not. SOB is fine (= league average for a call-up veteran d-man) for a few games as a injury fill-in, but for an extended period of time? Oh hell no. Might as well ring Jovo back from retirement.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Dylan Olsen is a 7th D man. SOB is an 8th D man. Keep Olsen until a better alternative is available which, unfortunately, most likely isn't happening.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Olsen has a terrible game against Calgary. Montoya was the only worse player for the Panthers. But I would keep the Olsen Gudbranson pairing. They work well together.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I wouldn't say Olsen's bad night last night was because he wasn't with Gudbranson though. Two of the goals came because he couldn't clear the puck out/away leading to the Flames being able to cycle it around again or another shot on goal.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I agree that Olsen was terrible last night, but he's still a serviceable defenseman for a number 6 and I'd much prefer him to O'Brien.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Olsen has been doing well, don't get people bashing him. He plays well with Guds, MUCH better than Jovo ever did (I realize that's saying little), but he's better than what he's somwtimes given credit for. I'd bet a new guy won't be coming in, though, not with the kids standing in line for the coming seasons. Olsen has shown improvement over last season and he doesn't usually have gamesome last night.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Still, it's chemistry. They know where the other guy is going to be, predict moves/passes etc. That kind of stuff takes a while to develop. And based on the corsi stuff, Guds/Olsen pairing has been doing a lot more than your regular bottom pairing.

SOB is not an NHL caliber d-man on a regular basis and he can't be trusted. Get him on the first plane to San Antonio when everyone is healthy.

While I agree with your sentiment about O'Brien, he has looked pretty okay in his appearances.

I like going with the "hot" hand, so to say. Dump him the game he starts to be humiliating.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Olsen is frustrating. I can see the tools, see the potential, see what he could be but he messes up so many simple things on a regular basis. Can't clear the puck, misses an easy pass at the point and loses the zone, doesn't lift a stick or take the man when he should.

SOB goes down and we keep hoping Olsen can tighten up his game.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Olsen has been doing well, don't get people bashing him. He plays well with Guds, MUCH better than Jovo ever did (I realize that's saying little), but he's better than what he's somwtimes given credit for. I'd bet a new guy won't be coming in, though, not with the kids standing in line for the coming seasons. Olsen has shown improvement over last season and he doesn't usually have gamesome last night.

I think some people expect too much from a 6th Dman.

He had a bad game last night, but he has been fairly consistent. Consistently good that is FlaPanthers11!

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
As batting1k already said, Olsen doesn't have that kind of value.

But regardless, no I absolutely would not. SOB is fine (= league average for a call-up veteran d-man) for a few games as a injury fill-in, but for an extended period of time? Oh hell no. Might as well ring Jovo back from retirement.

Don't. Don't go there please. Bringing me back some horrible memories..

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I miss Mike Weaver. Haven't seen him this season is he any good anymore?

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015
Olsen has 9 pts and was -4 before O'Brien came into lineup. Not to mention the chemistry that Gudbranson and Olsen already have. Definitely keep Olsen in the lineup since he's already proven himself somewhat and is much younger than O'Brien. This should be a no-brainer.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
SOB has been terrible, I honestly don't see why this is even a thread. He's a #8 dman and the quicker he's back in SA the better.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
O'Brien has good partying chemistry with Upshall and has one point so far (an assist). This all has to count for something... :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad