Olofsson returns, scores 2 (game winner in OT)

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Sabres season has kinda turned south, but this dude has been a real bright spot. He was out, what, 5-6 weeks with a nasty lookin knee injury, first game back and he scores 2 huge goals in front of the home crowd- ot winner on a sick eichel feed.

so, 1) I just wanted to highlight his stellar play in this time of sadness, and 2) what do you think this guy’s ceiling is? It’s kinda a ridiculous comparison, forgive me, but I almost get a Marchand-Pasta vibe from him and Eichel sometimes. Just that chemistry at a really high level, olofsson being a natural finisher who knows where to go. Obviously the two pairs’ games are different in all sorts of ways, Marchand/pasta are at another level, but just kinda giving my optimistic take for the future- the kid has 18 goals, 37 points in 43 games as a rookie, and his even strength game has improved as much as I’ve ever seen over the course of those 43 games.

/fanboying, just curious what others around the league think of him.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
He's one of the best rookies this year, with a crazy good shot.

Glad he's back.

Also, I absolutely love the white for those uniforms :P

Reactions: Sabres1523

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
He's so much fun to watch...this season has been draining as a Sabres fan but I jumped out of my seat when he blasted in that PP goal.

And that OT goal was a beauty setup from Eichel.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Can’t understate how genuinely elite his shot is. Jack said on spittin chiclets that its the best shot he’s ever been on the ice with. “He is gonna score 40 in his sleep”. He’s a smart, responsible player too and has been a glaring bright spot in what has been a mostly frustrating season.

Reactions: Slimmy

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
It was clear to anyone who followed him in the SHL that a shot like that would garner success in the NHL. There was no doubt. I was one of the largest critics of Buffalo dragging him through that mandatory AHL stint. But even I'm impressed by the season he is having.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It was clear to anyone who followed him in the SHL that a shot like that would garner success in the NHL. There was no doubt. I was one of the largest critics of Buffalo dragging him through that mandatory AHL stint. But even I'm impressed by the season he is having.

I think he probably could've played in the NHL earlier than he did, but I do think his near full season in Rochester was helpful for him. His game, apart from the goal scoring, grew a ton in that time. If he was in the NHL last year, he wouldn't have been getting those chances to play the PK, close out a game protecting a 1-goal lead, etc. You could see it paying dividends this year, too, in how quickly he adapted his game to go from being a pure PP weapon to being a pretty darn well-rounded player.

Reactions: Slimmy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad