Confirmed with Link: Olli Maatta for Kahun and a 5th

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
great to hear about maatta. he's a good guy, liked him. was a poor fit in the burgh more than anything else. not the guy you want to play Chinese fire drill hockey. put him in a more controlled system he would be great. imo

He's been rock solid. Looks like Kahun has been a solid addition for Pittsburgh, so its working out for both clubs...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
when the Bhawks went out an acquired the 2 d-man via trade, i was pissed and esp at the net results. however after the initial shock, i really thought Maatta would have been the better selection.

now i would have been shocked if someone back then would have said that De Haan would've been the better of the 2. this goes to prove that everyone does know what the end results will be. so i am giving credit for the trade, even thou De Haan is the better pick. how many would have guess that ??

but i am even going to see if Maatta will ever show anything other than a bottom 3 or a #7 type of d-man.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't mind Kahun if he has finally overcome his inability to put the puck in the net ... but why for Maatta? Duh. Maatta has had a few struggles lately but with the fragility of Hawks defensive game, this is a dumb deal. The first thing that came to mind after hearing this, is Kubalik next to go?
If Stan is serious about making the PO's this season he hides it quite well.

:huh:

This is the original trade thread from when the Hawks acquired Maatta... for Kahun and a 5th.

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Does that mean we won the trade?
We are still carrying 750k of Maatta’s contract for next year, how did we win the trade. I know many don’t see the value in 750k but thats 750k less that we can spend on the team, also mixed with Connolly and his horrendous contract that’s 4.25 Million in the garbage for next year. Stan’s cap management for you. Here come the excuses, we weren’t gonna contend this year anyway, Connolly can still play, bla bla bla, I would rather have a legit player for 4.25M to help the team rather than it do nothing dead.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
We are still carrying 750k of Maatta’s contract for next year, how did we win the trade. I know many don’t see the value in 750k but thats 750k less that we can spend on the team, also mixed with Connolly and his horrendous contract that’s 4.25 Million in the garbage for next year. Stan’s cap management for you. Here come the excuses, we weren’t gonna contend this year anyway, Connolly can still play, bla bla bla, I would rather have a legit player for 4.25M to help the team rather than it do nothing dead.

Connolly is a legit player thou...

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Remember when people bitched about losing Kahun? Good times.
Remember when this team has sucked ***** for the last 6 years? Are you a fan of Stan or a fan of this team and the product on the ice?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
kahun was solid. we took on maatta who we are still paying and lost a 5th rounder...

So solid that he's back in Europe.

Also, props to KBS who called Kahun being back in Europe in a few years. Nailed it. I didn't see that coming.

Last edited:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Kahun was one of the more replaceable players we have had here over the last 3-4 years.
yes, like hinostroza and nylander now. but there is use in foward depth. instead we swapped in maatta who we lost a pick for and are still paying for.

I would have rather had Kahun, a 5th, and Jokiharju then Maatta Nylander.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
yes, like hinostroza and nylander now. but there is use in foward depth. instead we swapped in maatta who we lost a pick for and are still paying for.

I would have rather had Kahun, a 5th, and Jokiharju then Maatta Nylander.
The difference between those two groups of assets is so small idk why people bother bringing it up.
Kahun is better than Nylander but not by much.
Maata is better than Joker but not by much and Joker is younger.
Oh no a 5th rounder... and this coming season is also the first where the dead cap matters and its only 750k so it barely even matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad