Confirmed with Link: Olli Maatta 1 year deal

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Its a good signing, he has a lot of experience and will definitely be a solid 5-6 for Detroit. Detroit seems quite interesting from a Finnish pov with all these signings :)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Except he's not good at defense. He's a warm body that is sometimes not injured. No better than ddk.

He's always been good at defense. He sucks at skating...hence the low term and money amount.

Utilize Määttä as a third pairing defenseman and you'll probably be quite happy with what he provides. Plug him into a top 4 gig and he'll get burned. With this kind of contract there's very little downside. If he works well he's a likely a trade piece at the deadline. If he inexplicably falls off another cliff then it's a one year deal that can be quickly excised.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
This is a really good signing. Cheap, and just one year. If he doesn’t work out, it doesn’t really matter.

He was solid for LA in the second half, though his first half was awful.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He's always been good at defense. He sucks at skating...hence the low term and money amount.

Utilize Määttä as a third pairing defenseman and you'll probably be quite happy with what he provides. Plug him into a top 4 gig and he'll get burned. With this kind of contract there's very little downside. If he works well he's a likely a trade piece at the deadline. If he inexplicably falls off another cliff then it's a one year deal that can be quickly excised.

I'm guessing 18-20 minutes, 3 minutes a night on the PK.

Nawww. Shift to shift, baby!

Practice to practice! This mans will be put under the biggest microscope known to mankind!!!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'm guessing 18-20 minutes, 3 minutes a night on the PK.

Practice to practice! This mans will be put under the biggest microscope known to mankind!!!

If he does not attack each step of his day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind, I do not want him

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Good move. He is the exact sort of player we needed to target on the blueline at this stage.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Like this signing. Feels like he has been playing forever in NHL, but is only 27-year old.

I still remember for the first few years after he was drafted the incessant crying on here about how we traded our 1st rounder that year for Kyle Quincey, when if only we'd kept that pick we could have drafted Maatta instead.

Obviously these days people have moved on to crying about how we could have drafted Vasilevsky instead.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
At first I confused this with us signing Joulevi and was like ’wtf’.
I can get behind this.

Chiarot-Edvinsson-Maatta isn’t great, but it’s improvement.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The other signings have now all been confirmed by the Wings socials team....this one has not been confirmed.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1657751244683.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad