Olli Määttä is Ready (Orpik Believes, Ignore Lying Burg Media Swine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Nyquist is a bit different though. When Detroit decided to sign Cleary it put them really close to the cap I believe and he was one of the few who was able to go down.

Had they not signed Cleary he'd be on the team I think. Detroit fans were not happy.

Nyquist has two hurdles: Cleary was one for sure, but also Tatar needs waivers to be sent down (and he doesn't).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't expect it. Its what I want. I fully expect to see
Scuds - Letang
Orpik - Martin
Niskanen - Bortuzzo/Maatta

With Engo playing wing.

Good . . . good . . . I can feel your anger . . . let the hate flow through you . . . :darth:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think I might twitch every time I think about Engo on wing because I just assume that is the brilliant solution to clearing a roster space.

I personally convulse, but you apparently have more self control. :laugh:

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Assuming Maatta stays and Letang comes back this weekend, i wonder if DB would consider this, Scuderi and Nisky have played really good together, it would give the pens 3 good pairs of def.

Orpik-Martin
Letang-Maatta
Scuderi-Nisky

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Assuming Maatta stays and Letang comes back this weekend, i wonder if DB would consider this, Scuderi and Nisky have played really good together, it would give the pens 3 good pairs of def.

Orpik-Martin
Letang-Maatta
Scuderi-Nisky

Scuderi needs to be in the top 4. He's our best defensive d-man. You use him to bring out the best in his partner. Letang's best is much better than Niskanen's.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Scuderi needs to be in the top 4. He's our best defensive d-man. You use him to bring out the best in his partner. Letang's best is much better than Niskanen's.

If it was up to me i wouldn't really have a top 4, id try to give each pairing about 20 mins a game, with the short off season and Olympic year i think it would be good to limit Martin Orpik Letang mins, no need to give them 25 mins every game, keep them fresh for the playoffs.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If it was up to me i wouldn't really have a top 4, id try to give each pairing about 20 mins a game, with the short off season and Olympic year i think it would be good to limit Martin Orpik Letang mins, no need to give them 25 mins every game, keep them fresh for the playoffs.

and then what are your pairings in the playoffs?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Since when has Bylsma been consistent about using personnel combos to bring out the best in his top players? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad