Olli Jokinen joining team Finland

Joretus

Nice of him even call to coach "hey, I'm getting healthly fastly than thought can I join up?". That's right spirit!

KaptainKourage*

Wow. Great news for Suomi !
Who gonna be his linemates ?

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Markov#79 said:
Wow. Great news for Suomi !
Who gonna be his linemates ?

Nothing's been announced yeat. I think it will be Ville Peltonen for sure and maybe T.Ruutu at the other wing?

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Shack said:
Nothing's been announced yeat. I think it will be Ville Peltonen for sure and maybe T.Ruutu at the other wing?

I hope they keep the 83-line intact. Just drop Santala and put OJ between Peltonen and Miettinen. Or maybe put Bergenheim there instead of Miettinen. I'm not liking what I've seen from Miettinen so far and Bergenheim has impressed every shift.

Then again. OJ could bring something extra out of Ruutu...

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
:amazed: :jump: :D :handclap:
^My feelings right now. IF he is capable of playing without pain, then YES! OJ is what we have lacked and now we got him. He is a team player and no doubt will fit in the team. I don't think heäll do any damage to the team spirit.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Shack said:

I dont think T.Ruutu is in the shape, but Kallio or Bergenheim is someone to consider. But i guess Peltonen-O.Jokinen-J.Jokinen is the one what Westerlund has in mind.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
or perhaps Peltonen-Jokinen-Jokinen ?
It'd be a shame to split Jussi-Mikki-Tuomo though..

Now I'm loving this team, we have more NHL'ers than most. We have the best goaltender from the Olympics and a bona-fide #1 centre (nobody else has that, Canada is closest with Crosby who is maturing into the role)

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
edd1e said:
I dont think T.Ruutu is in the shape, but Kallio or Bergenheim is someone to consider. But i guess Peltonen-O.Jokinen-J.Jokinen is the one what Westerlund has in mind.

I hope Erkka keeps the 3rd line intact.
Bergenheim in the first and we'll rock.

Joretus

edd1e said:

No Kallio, please! They could drop Kallio out of lineup to make room for OJ actually. Wouldn't mind at all.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Ruutu's fine now, just needs more ice time than 10 minutes a game for it to really show. Mikko Koivu can no longer be held back at a #3 centre, he's stolen #2 spot for himself.
Viuhkola and Santala (re their jobs today, #1 and #2 down the middle) just got demoted. Olli to #1, Ville with him and someone else, Bergenheim?
Then Mikko's 83 line
Then Viuhkola and Pirnes for lines 3 and 4,.

like:
Peltonen-Jokinen-Bergenheim
Jokinen-Koivu-Ruutu
Miettinen-Viuhkola-Kallio
Hahl-Pirnes-Ruutu

Santala is not suited for the #4 line, a job Pirnes is ideal for. Defenrs like so far, expect scratch Mäntylä, Malmivaara into his place and let him warm the bench until we really need a shakeup. 6 defender rotation was more stable for us.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Caz said:
I hope Erkka keeps the 3rd line intact.
Bergenheim in the first and we'll rock.

That's what I'd like to see.

Peltonen - O. Jokinen - Bergenheim
T. Ruutu - M. Koivu - J. Jokinen
Hentunen - Viuhkola - Kallio (Rita)
J. Ruutu - Hahl - Miettinen

Kyri

Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
Great news! :yo:

Please please please, these lines:

Peltonen-O.Jokinen-Kallio
J.Jokinen-Koivu-T.Ruutu
Miettinen-Santala-Hentunen
J.Ruutu-Pirnes/Hahl-Bergenheim

Extras: Viuhkola,Rita

Berg-Nummelin
Lehtonen-Kukkonen
Saravo-Luoma
Malmivaara

Extra: Mäntylä

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Olli has never been one of my favorite players, but I gotta respect his loyalty to the national team. And he's obviously a valuable addition to us. Fantastic news! :)

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Olli's our best player right now. Our best 2 way player. There was a reason why OJ came closest to forcing the olympic final into overtime.

So this is why Valtonen got sent home yesterday. I thought it was really strange, even if they woudn'tve used him they could hold on to him to the final and he could possibly get a medal. Seemed odd to stiff him by sending him home. So they knew that Olli was coming, it was probably of just when Olli would land, what flights etc.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Raimo Sillanpää said:
So this is why Valtonen got sent home yesterday. I thought it was really strange, even if they woudn'tve used him they could hold on to him to the final and he could possibly get a medal. Seemed odd to stiff him by sending him home. So they knew that Olli was coming, it was probably of just when Olli would land, what flights etc.

Same here. I thought Erkka was waiting
for Laaksonen, but that would have been
strange too as we have a few guys like him
on the team already.

This is sounds really good.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
RubberDuck said:
It´s gonna be Jokinen-Jokinen-peltonen, trust me...

I know and I already hate Westerlund for that. Oh well, if he does that, he should put Bergenheim with Koivu and Ruutu.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
NightScout said:
I know and I already hate Westerlund for that. Oh well, if he does that, he should put Bergenheim with Koivu and Ruutu.

Yeah, im quite sure it's gonna be jokinen-jokinen-peltonen, but i hope Bergenheim gets more trust from managment.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
It just hit me!

Kallio is the new Kimmo Rintanen!

A guy who'd always score 7 against Jamaica but then never score against Russia, sweden, canada.. yet would always hold a top 6 spot and be loved by the coach..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad