Proposal: Olli for Jesse (VAN) (EDM)

tfu92

Nov 8, 2018
I would rather keep juolevi. Still think he has much more value. The only reason ppl think he isnt as good is because hes often injured. Every league hes played in, he has been excellent.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Oli juolevi for jesse puljujarvi two fins who seem to be struggling to make it with their respective teams.
Oli could slide in at the 3rd pair next season while the canucks get jesse into their lineup with all the injuries we have that or the canucks send him to utica

No thx, rather keep my fingers crossed w a d man than start crossing them w a winger

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i think canucks are not looking to move juolevi. his injuries make it hard to know what they have. he's not a reclamation project yet.

plus i think puljujarvi needs to go to an american team out of the spotlight to toil for a while and find his best self. frying pan into the fire is not a solution.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Values probably fair, but it's so off the mark as far as need goes I'd be shocked if it went through.

We don't "need" either to hot their potential from when they were drafted, but the reward for us if both do would make Juolevi more valuable for us.

Seems Oiler fans think the same thing, but as an opposite.

Good attempt, no roasting or asking the OP if they're crazy, but both sides would pass.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Let’s put it like this, I wouldn’t even consider poolparty for Virtanen unless there is an asset attached to Poolparty that is greater than a 2nd round pick, and I’m not that high on Virtanen. Some people will be very upset that you even thought their value was comparable.

I’d max out at adding a 2nd. No way I’d move a 1st + Puljujarvi for him. I do like Virtanen though.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not a fan of Puljujarvis hockey sense.

Would much rather be patient with OJ and see him bust than gamble on Puljujarvi who already seems to be busting.

And 2 years ago where was Virtanen ? The same place Pujujarvi is at the same age . How quick fans forget their own forwards that struggled at the age of 20 .

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
And 2 years ago where was Virtanen ? The same place Pujujarvi is at the same age . How quick fans forget their own forwards that struggled at the age of 20 .

The complaint about Virtanen was we passed on skilled top six guys like Ehlers and Nylander to take a guy that could top out as a Raffi Torres. Two years ago that's where it looked where Virtanen was going, and today that's where he is. Puljujarvi on the other hand if he doesn't pick up the scoring looks like he could end up like Yakupov or top out as a Magnus Paajarvi.

Don't mean to trash Puljujarvi, just saying in the case of Virtanen it was always a case that if he wasn't going to be a good scorer he would probably at least be a good checker, which is where we're at now. Maybe at his peak he could put up numbers like the current Michael Ferland. I'm not too familiar with what Puljujarvi is doing in Edmonton right now but I don't think the same could be said for him.

If Edmonton is overloaded on LD though and Caleb Jones looks like he'd be a top 4, if I was playing fantasy GM I'd wonder about a bigger deal for one of Edmonton's established LD's so something roughly like: Klefborn, Puljujarvi for Virtanen, Goldobin, Juolevi.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I would do something around Virtanen for Pulju, for sure. I'd take my chances and put him with Horvat or Pettersson and see what happens.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I would do something around Virtanen for Pulju, for sure. I'd take my chances and put him with Horvat or Pettersson and see what happens.

Nothing against Hovat and Ep40 but even McDavid couldn't make Puljujarvi look anything close to an NHler.

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
Rather wait and see what we have in a healthy Juolevi.... if he can ever stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad