ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
- Finnish RHD
- 23 years old
- just had 51 points in 59 games in Liiga
- 6’3
- 187 lbs
- played NCAA for two years so he knows the North American Ice

He literally checks all the boxes we need, why haven’t we heard more about him ?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
basically, all dmen around the world aged 20 - 30 not in the NHL are usually not defensive reliable

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
- Finnish RHD
- 23 years old
- just had 51 points in 59 games in Liiga
- 6’3
- 187 lbs
- played NCAA for two years so he knows the North American Ice

He literally checks all the boxes we need, why haven’t we heard more about him ?

hockeydb.com has him at 6'0", 185 lbs. Is he good defensively? Other than being a RH Dman, not sure how he checks all the boxes.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Seems like a smart gamble and a good opportunity on a good team for him.

Been pretty quiet on him for a couple weeks.

I’m predicting 2 euro UFA every year through this cores end.

Reactions: Its not your fault

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I didn't realize he is the kid from the NCAA we signed until now, I will have to keep an eye on him next game

Scored a goal and was throwing check protecting his teammates any chance he got tonight. Needs to refine his game especially positioning and decision making but the IQ is there. So far a good guy for the Marlies,

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Kaski is definitely worth a chance in the NHL. My Finnish friends are raving about him. I agree with some of the points above. We don't actually need a primarily offensive player. We need RDs who are dependable, can move the puck, and drive play. The thing is, Kaski can be all of that too. It's just that we wouldn't get full value out of his offense.

The good thing about signings like this is that it's not a long-term investment. If we sign him, either he wins a spot right away or he can get a year on the Marlies to see if he can develop the last steps of his game. If he can't, he's likely gone anyway.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Belief is he is signing with Columbus whenever their season ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad