Celebrity Death: Olivia de Havilland (104)

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Will always think of her starring with Errol Flynn in several films.

Oldest living academy award winner, Gone With the Wind star who had a 50 + year feud with her sister

Just finished a book on Howard Hughes and he may have been a part of that feud.

Sad to hear, she was one of the last great stars left from the early talking films.

Last edited:

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Will always think of her starring with Errol Flynn in several films.

Just finished a book on Howard Hughes and he may have been a part of that feud.

Sad to hear, she was one of the last great stars left from the early talking films.

Actually the feud started in the childhood and is linked to their battles to get their parents attention. According to Olivia, Joan tried to killer when Joan was 9

https://www.biography.com/news/olivia-de-havilland-joan-fontaine-sisters-feud

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Actually the feud started in the childhood and is linked to their battles to get their parents attention. According to Olivia, Joan tried to killer when Joan was 9

https://www.biography.com/news/olivia-de-havilland-joan-fontaine-sisters-feud
For sure it was probably multi layered, going way back. In the book I read Olivia was going out with HH, when he proposed to Joan (who was engaged to someone else). Olivia was not impressed when her sister told her about it. There was a rivalry between the two, the Hughes angle was another chapter.

Edit: From Howard Hughes: The Untold Story/Broeske & Brown

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Pretty good innings. I had no idea that she was still alive. Gone with the Wind was the monolith that put in the shadows the rest of her career, but she was good in a lot of movies, comedies, romances, even a few Westerns.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I don't know how recent the pictures of her are, but she's the best looking 100+ year old I've ever seen.

RIP congrats on a full life

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don't know how recent the pictures of her are, but she's the best looking 100+ year old I've ever seen.

RIP congrats on a full life
30363910-0-image-m-2_1593803671753.jpg

This was on her 104th birthday a month ago

Reactions: Lshap

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
The version of Robin Hood with her as Lady Mariam and Errol Flynn as Robin is still my favourite, and a guilty pleasure.

Reactions: Osprey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad