Allsvenskan: Oliver Wahlstrom back in Sweden

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
I didn't know whether to post this in the Islanders forum or here, but figured Swedish followers on here might be able to provide a better explanation.

It's about Oliver Wahlstrom. Obviously he's gone back on loan in Sweden but has joined up with a Allsvenskan team.

Why is it that he's gone to a second level team and not returned to play in SHL?

I appreciate he's still young and inexperienced but would he not be better suited playing with an SHLteam? Surely he'd be considered good enough??

What's the thinking behind this? It's really puzzled me so I would be interested to find out.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't know whether to post this in the Islanders forum or here, but figured Swedish followers on here might be able to provide a better explanation.

It's about Oliver Wahlstrom. Obviously he's gone back on loan in Sweden but has joined up with a Allsvenskan team.

Why is it that he's gone to a second level team and not returned to play in SHL?

I appreciate he's still young and inexperienced but would he not be better suited playing with an SHLteam? Surely he'd be considered good enough??

What's the thinking behind this? It's really puzzled me so I would be interested to find out.

if he plays in the SHL he has to stay there all year, if he plays in Allsvenskan he can leave when the NHL starts camps.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Like the previous poster said, the SHL does not allow short term contracts. He'd have to stay all season if he wanted to play there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad