Value of: Oliver Ekman Larsson

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Your arguments are so incoherent and all over the place, I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

Nylander has always had strong play driving numbers. All the tracking data we have shows he's elite at generating zone entries and exists, which match the eye test. He's a fantastic skater. He also has put up great regular stats. He was what, top 5 in 5v5 goals and has been a top 5v5 point producer for years. Those aren't advanced stats.

Keller has had horribly play driving numbers throughout his career. His micro stats don't paint a similar picture when it comes to entries/exits. He also hasn't put up great "regular" stats in terms of goals or assists.

I'm just using numbers, both regular and fancy. So where exactly is the bias?
In his three seasons on a pretty lacklustre Coyotes team Keller posted 65 as a rookie and went 47 and 44 after being cut short this year. I don't think 50 points would have been out of the question this year.

Keller with a .66ppg and Nylander with a .71 both have very similar cap hits. Keller is also three years younger. But yes Nylander is an absolute monster in this league who is untouchable and Keller is a negative value player, because Leafs? Nevermind 31 year old Jake Muzzin being a stud while old man OEL at 28 is over the hill and declining.

But yeah let's pretend we can't figure out why someone could possibly think you're being ridiculously biased.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How badly do the 'yotes want to move OEL for long term structural cap relief, assuming he waives?

If not for the exp dr he could be a short term fit for NYR. No interest long term.

IF IF IF
I could be sure of a simultanteous 3 way w/Leafs, I'd be willing to do something like
Buch + Strome
for
OEL
instantly flipped to Leafs
OEL + Deangelo
for
Nylander +

something like that

but wouldn't want to get stuck having to protect him in exp dr or long term cap hit

would have to be simultaneous 3 way

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
How badly do the 'yotes want to move OEL for long term structural cap relief, assuming he waives?

If not for the exp dr he could be a short term fit for NYR. No interest long term.

IF IF IF
I could be sure of a simultanteous 3 way w/Leafs, I'd be willing to do something like
Buch + Strome
for
OEL
instantly flipped to Leafs
OEL + Deangelo
for
Nylander +

something like that

but wouldn't want to get stuck having to protect him in exp dr or long term cap hit

would have to be simultaneous 3 way

The answer is that he's currently fine to stay on our roster likely past expansion depending on when that happens, and if he wasn't I don't think we trade him for Strome and Buch.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The answer is that he's currently fine to stay on our roster likely past expansion depending on when that happens, and if he wasn't I don't think we trade him for Strome and Buch.

Thanks
and I wouldn't expect AZ to go there unless team felt current cap did not leave options and a move was required.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Your arguments are so incoherent and all over the place, I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

Nylander has always had strong play driving numbers. All the tracking data we have shows he's elite at generating zone entries and exists, which match the eye test. He's a fantastic skater. He also has put up great regular stats. He was what, top 5 in 5v5 goals and has been a top 5v5 point producer for years. Those aren't advanced stats.

Keller has had horribly play driving numbers throughout his career. His micro stats don't paint a similar picture when it comes to entries/exits. He also hasn't put up great "regular" stats in terms of goals or assists.

I'm just using numbers, both regular and fancy. So where exactly is the bias?
The bias is because you refuse to acknowledge the obvious that Nylander was a no show in the playoffs and is a perimeter player. You cherry pick advanced stats to suit your situation rather than try and be objective. Like I said earlier no point in this conversation.

In his three seasons on a pretty lacklustre Coyotes team Keller posted 65 as a rookie and went 47 and 44 after being cut short this year. I don't think 50 points would have been out of the question this year.

Keller with a .66ppg and Nylander with a .71 both have very similar cap hits. Keller is also three years younger. But yes Nylander is an absolute monster in this league who is untouchable and Keller is a negative value player, because Leafs? Nevermind 31 year old Jake Muzzin being a stud while old man OEL at 28 is over the hill and declining.

But yeah let's pretend we can't figure out why someone could possibly think you're being ridiculously biased.

Imagine actually thinking Muzzin is a better defenseman than OEL.

Or refusing to acknowledge playing with Matthews or Tavares isnt worth a .05 bump in PPG compared to playing with Dvorak, Stepan, Schmaltz or Strome.

Thread/

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The bias is because you refuse to acknowledge the obvious that Nylander was a no show in the playoffs and is a perimeter player. You cherry pick advanced stats to suit your situation rather than try and be objective. Like I said earlier no point in this conversation.

Imagine actually thinking Muzzin is a better defenseman than OEL.

Or refusing to acknowledge playing with Matthews or Tavares isnt worth a .05 bump in PPG compared to playing with Dvorak, Stepan, Schmaltz or Strome.

Thread/

You realize Nylander was leading the league in goals from the slot when they shut down happened right?

Im not interested in the conversation as whole or other points, but the “Nylander is a perimeter player“ trope is undeniably false, and a sign of someone who hasn’t actually watched William Nylander.

He had that issue in his first couple of seasons, but since then, he’s been a great net front guy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You realize Nylander was leading the league in goals from the slot when they shut down happened right?

Im not interested in the conversation as whole or other points, but the “Nylander is a perimeter player“ trope is undeniably false, and a sign of someone who hasn’t actually watched William Nylander.

He had that issue in his first couple of seasons, but since then, he’s been a great net front guy.

Undeniably false? I mean he has had a very good 68 games this season for sure but is that going to erase the previous 300 between the AHL and NHL? He struggled in the AHL and NHL playoffs thus far, so I think he has alot to prove. Can he get better? For sure, he has all the talent in the world but I have never seen anything like last year from an NHL player. He wanted nothing to do with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad