Value of: Oliver Ekman Larsson

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Ive been seeing many Arizona fans hinting an growing discontentment towards OEL. Some fans have said they’d be willing to move him. What’s his value right now he’s coming off a bad season and isn’t particularly cheap but I’m assuming he could get back a good amount in trade. I’d be interested from a leafs POV but they’d need to get creative to make a deal work.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I rather dump the coach then trade the captain. Did you hear something about Oliver requesting a trade and that he is willing to waive his NTC? That would be so un-Swedish like.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
OEL hadn't been good this last year but we attribute a good deal of that to coaching. There are a number of us that are not a fan of him as captain either but that's actually pretty minor. The emergence of Chychrun has also made OEL more available. Keep in mind too, 1 bad seasons not going to ruin his #1 D value so anything offered for him should be that of a top 30 D in the league.

If he were to be moved, I would want a young potential 1c back and a D prospect. A cap dump could be included as well as long as we got a pick that negates the negative value (if any).

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Ive been seeing many Arizona fans hinting an growing discontentment towards OEL. Some fans have said they’d be willing to move him. What’s his value right now he’s coming off a bad season and isn’t particularly cheap but I’m assuming he could get back a good amount in trade. I’d be interested from a leafs POV but they’d need to get creative to make a deal work.

Sorry as good as OEL is we don’t need him on the TML. I would think a team like the Habs would be all over him if he was available which I don’t think he is.

Reactions: Ciao

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
As an Oiler fan, I don't think we have the trade chips for what Arizona wants, and they wouldn't trade him within the division (probably).

But man, I like our D. It is deep now. However we would love a game breaker like OEL.

But who knows. Maybe with Seattle coming, Arizona won't be in our division. Also, perhaps Nurse+ gets it done.

But really, imo the Yotes keep him.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
It's fun to dream. OEL took less money and made sure to get a NMC for a reason. He likes it there. Toronto of all places might be the last place he would accept a trade to. I don't know if there is more polar opposite city in the NHL than Toronto to the city he chose to play in.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As an Oiler fan, I don't think we have the trade chips for what Arizona wants, and they wouldn't trade him within the division (probably).

But man, I like our D. It is deep now. However we would love a game breaker like OEL.

But who knows. Maybe with Seattle coming, Arizona won't be in our division. Also, perhaps Nurse+ gets it done.

But really, imo the Yotes keep him.
Nurse+RNH for OEL+Stepan+???

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Every team needs an OEL. One of the most underrated in the league. Arizona trading him for anything less than a kings ransom would be a huge mistake. He has been one of the most solid D in the league for years now, one off season shouldn’t be the writing on the wall to move him

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
:laugh:

OEL >> Nylander
Keller > Nylander
Arizona 1st ≈ Nylander

No. It's not closer. The original deal isn't great for Arizona either.

That deal is ass for the coyotes but nylander doesnt go one for one for any of those pieces from a Leafs POV

Keller sucks. Does not have great advanced stats. Not a great play driver. His production is similar to last years nylander who had a career low. Keller was on pace for 50ish points while making 7.15 million. He has fallen since his rookie year. Nylander was having a career year on pace for 70ish points (59 in 68). Nylander is also paid less and is better defensively. I was/am a huge fan of players like keller. I thought he would have morphed into a similar level player as a marner by now but he really has not gotten close yet. Hope he rebounds but nylander is comfortably better than him.

OEL is coming off a career worst year and has a 8+ million contract. 1 for 1 maybe that's a deal that the leafs could do if they felt confident OEL bounces back and play beside rielly as our number 2. However its risky considering age gap between the two as well as most recent season. If we are gonna trade nylander would target a younger player with potential to become a top pairing guy rather than take on more cap for a player who could be on the decline.

Leafs wont trade nylander for the yotes 1st. They dont have it this season anyway but trading nylander (an 8th overall pick) who has developed into a borderline star player who can provide 60-70 points of offense for a 10th pick that would take 2+ years to make the roster is a move that makes little sense for the leafs.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I really like the player, not so sure if I like the contract going forward though. As a Habs fan, I don’t think we could realistically put an offer together. The D prospect wouldn’t be the problem, I just don’t think I am ready to give up either Kotkaniemi or Suzuki for OEL at this point.

The NJ offer is quite decent though

Reactions: Ciao

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

OEL >> Nylander
Keller > Nylander
Arizona 1st ≈ Nylander

A 1st round pick in 2021 equals Nylander? Are you nuts? Nylander>OEL imo after the season he just had also while being younger. Keller=Nylander imo Nylander had the better season tho. Would you trade Timo Meire ( a worse player then Nylander ) for Arizona 1st?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
[MOD]

Considering Arizonas pick is going to the Devils, the following 1st Arizona has it too far out to trade Nylander for, regardless how good that pick might become. It does not currently hold more value. Even if it was this year at sat pick 10 - would you trade an established, young, 60+ point player for that pick? Doubt it.

The only one you can argue is OEL. A top dman holds value. And as somebody who was full on the OEL hype train as one of the most underrated players in the league, years ago, I've been pretty disappointed on his play for a while now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fisticuffer

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

OEL >> Nylander
Keller > Nylander
Arizona 1st ≈ Nylander

This might be the worst post in HF history.

In what world is Keller>Nylander? One rational argument please. Please. Keller is one of the worst play driving wingers in the entire league, any Nylander is amongst the best. Quite an embarrassing post.

holdyoucloser2003

Mar 11, 2020
Marietta, Georgia

OEL >> Nylander
Keller > Nylander
Arizona 1st ≈ Nylander

As a Coyotes fan I would disagree on the bolded. Keller is not better than Nylander. Since his rookie season he's been mediocre. Secondly how exactly did you come up with a draft pick = to 70 point winger playing in the nhl. As for OEL it could be argued he's the better player based on the position he plays.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
As a Coyotes fan I would disagree on the bolded. Keller is not better than Nylander. Since his rookie season he's been mediocre. Secondly how exactly did you come up with a draft pick = to 70 point winger playing in the nhl. As for OEL it could be argued he's the better player based on the position he plays.

Well, you won't be paying that draft pick $7 million per year, for starters..

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

OEL >> Nylander
Keller > Nylander
Arizona 1st ≈ Nylander

Nylander is much better and more valuable than Keller.

Also Arizonas 1st right now is 10th overall, so unless that wins the lottery I would rather have Nylander.

Good attempt at stirring the pot though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad