Oliver Ekman-Larsson will miss the final games following the death of his mother

Jul 22, 2012
Damn. Terrible news. Sending thoughts and prayers to his family during this difficult time.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Sad news. Based on the language used, it sounds like she may have been sick for a while.
Cant imagine having to play every night if your parents were sick, especially so far away.

Hope OEL gets to spend a good amount of time with his family this summer, and get back his top form comer October

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Sad news. Based on the language used, it sounds like she may have been sick for a while.
Cant imagine having to play every night if your parents were sick, especially so far away.

Hope OEL gets to spend a good amount of time with his family this summer, and get back his top form comer October

Can confirm through Swedish media. **** cancer.

Hope for the best for OEL. Just go back to Sweden and don't worry about hockey for a while.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I lost my mothet ten years ago and untill you go through it.. it is tough to go through and explain

This. It'll be 10 years this year since I lost my mother. Still think about her almost every single day. Something you never really "get over".

OEL is a special talent and I'm happy his mother got to see him realize a dream before her time.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Oliver Ekman-Larsson takes leave from Coyotes after mother’s passing

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/oliver...-coyotes-after-mothers-passing-172505216.html

It’s been a disappointing season for Arizona Coyotes star defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson, on the ice, and perhaps now we know one factor that contributed to it: He’s been dealing with a heartbreaking personal issue off the ice.

Coyotes GM John Chayka said on Monday that the team has granted Ekman-Larsson a leave of absence following the death of his mother, Annika Ekman, who had been battling cancer. She was in her earlier 50s when she passed.

Ekman-Larsson traveled back to Sweden to be with his father, brother and family. As the Coyotes only have three games remaining in their season, Ekman-Larsson will not play again for them until 2017-18.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Oliver and his family during this very difficult time,†said Chayka. “Oliver has done a remarkable job dealing with this issue all season long and we commend him for the professionalism that he’s demonstrated. It’s important that he travels back to Sweden now to be with his family.â€

Said Ekman-Larsson: “This has been a very difficult year for me personally. I’d like to thank the Coyotes organization and all of my teammates for their incredible support all season long. I’m sorry that I’ll miss our last three games but family comes fist.â€

RIP

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
R.I.P. Hockey must have been furthest from OEL's mind when must have been dealing with personal situation like this all year.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
R.I.P. Hockey must have been furthest from OEL's mind when must have been dealing with personal situation like this all year.

He played through a broken wrist for a bunch of the season too. What a horrible season for him. Cant imagine having to play knowing at any moment you could get that call.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
RIP.

I know a lot of fans were criticizing his play this year. What happened to OEL, the word overrated was thrown around quite a bit.

Most people in life whether that be a star or a normal guy is going through something you may not know about.

I wish him and his family the best

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad