oliers in the allstar game

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I feel like for some entertainment value that oiler fans should hit the polling sites and get our norris trophy calibre defenceman a starting spot on the west allstar team.

Justin Schutlz come on down.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Schultz would actually excel in a game where there's no hitting or slapshots

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Good Lord no. I can see the MacT press conference after.

"Justin is an NHL all-star. It only validates his Norris potential. This 10 year, 65 million dollar contract is a steal as far as I'm concerned!"

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I feel like for some entertainment value that oiler fans should hit the polling sites and get our norris trophy calibre defenceman a starting spot on the west allstar team.

Justin Schutlz come on down.

No way. If we were to do something like that it should someone like Pitlick or Davidson because that would be obvious as to what is going on. Maybe it would be something to help lighten the mood in the room. Mind you if their egos are as many think they are, they'd probably get pissed that it wasn't them and fail to miss the point.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Sweet, you can vote in any player in the league. We should do a vote for Rory campaign but with Keith Aulie instead.

All of hfboards would be behind this because they probably feel sorry for us by now.

Jul 19, 2012
This is the kind of game Schultz would excel at. No hitting, no defence, no intensity, all offence.
He thinks every game is a Sunday afternoon pickup game at the outdoor rink with his buddies, only he gets paid $3.5M a year to "have fun".

He is on the NHL ballot as an all star after all, and MacT can point to that as Norris trophy potential.

MacT has stuck pretty much an entire shoe store in his mouth with that comment.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Can we write in Joey Moss? He's probably the most deserving on this team.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
it would be great to get schultz in the game, have him score 3 goals then trade him for something of value....doing crapTs job for him imo

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think I'd actually care less about the All-Star game if there was an Oiler involved.

And that's saying something given it's basically the most irrelevant thing the NHL has to offer.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I think I'd actually care less about the All-Star game if there was an Oiler involved.

And that's saying something given it's basically the most irrelevant thing the NHL has to offer.
I haven't watched an all star game or any of the festivities since that debacle in Atlanta where they introduced the judged break away contest. Seeing Dominique Wilkens scoring this event like it was a slam dunk contest was an abomination to real hockey fans everywhere. Seeing players fail to score during this competition and still getting good scores because of their moves was an even bigger joke. I used to look forward to the skills competition every year, I haven't watched one since.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
They still have ALLSTAR games?

Why?

So that the EC can pretend it knows how to play competitive hockey?

I guess its one marquee game that Crosby, Ovechkin, and such minions can play.

Oilers on it? Sure. No checking, guaranteed 10 toedrags/night. Nothing but end to end line rushes and no defensive awareness to speak of.

Seems like the Oil are made for this. Half a dozen would look right at home playing the "system" they usually play.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Eberle's going to be Edmonton's representative, methinks. Centres far too stacked in the Western Conference (no Nuge) and if they HAD to give some Oiler the recognition, it's going to be Eberle over Hall just the way the season's gone so far.

#VoteforAulie though. Absofrickenlutely. He's such a beaut. Such a beaut.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
The tempo and intensity of an all-star game is the perfect environment for Schultz to thrive. We should do this if it might inflate his value and we can trick some team into taking him in a trade for something of value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad