Proposal: Olli for Jesse (VAN) (EDM)

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I like it. It's a "hockey trade." Sometimes these work out for both sides.

Reactions: tmac51

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
value is probably fine, maybe leaning a bit towards EDM but the Canucks need D so I'd pass

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Value is defo fair. But we have Klefbom and Nurse who are both young and have the top 2 LD spots locked down for a long time.
We already have too many bottom pair LHD.

Something around Jesse for Virtanen?

Eg. Puljujarvi + 5th for Virtanen

I'd pass if it's true he refuses to play in the AHL

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Let’s put it like this, I wouldn’t even consider poolparty for Virtanen unless there is an asset attached to Poolparty that is greater than a 2nd round pick, and I’m not that high on Virtanen. Some people will be very upset that you even thought their value was comparable.

Value is probably not bad, but the LAST thing we need is LD.

Oilers pass. Maybe a deal around Virtanen?

Value is defo fair. But we have Klefbom and Nurse who are both young and have the top 2 LD spots locked down for a long time.
We already have too many bottom pair LHD.

Something around Jesse for Virtanen?

Eg. Puljujarvi + 5th for Virtanen

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oli juolevi for jesse puljujarvi two fins who seem to be struggling to make it with their respective teams.
Oli could slide in at the 3rd pair next season while the canucks get jesse into their lineup with all the injuries we have that or the canucks send him to utica

We need a 3rd pairing defenceman like Chiarelli needs another crack at this GM thing. Not interested.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Juolevi is worth much more than Pu at this point. Better PPG in the AHL and we haven't seen him flop in the NHL yet like Pu...

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Fair value but Oilers decline the last thing we need is ANOTHER LHD. Has anyone seen our wing depth?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I would prob do it.
The only issue is that olli looked very good in the AHL before he got hurt, was PPG I think?

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
i wouldn't be against this deal....Olli should be able to slide in next season, and with Jones, Bear and Bouchard all having chances to make the team next year, the idea of having a few of these guys and Olli to go with Nurse, Klefbom and Larsson is quite appealing and whatever little offence Pool has given us won't be missed at all.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
its funny how no matterr how much a player has fallen, the draft pedegree will always follow him!

Not saying that either of these player won't make the NHL and won't have an impact at some point, but if either of these player were performing as they are right now and were a 3rd round pick, everyone would be laughing at this proposal, but since they are both top 5 picks "fair trade"

Don't get me wrong i feel like both players are both underperforming and the trade is indeed fair, but i've seen better offers in terms of quality as we speak being rejected or laughed at, simply because the guy wasn't a top pick! your draft # is so irrelevant, people should only be looking at progression.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
Juolevi was playing well in the AHL before his injury. Puljujarvi looks like he's already ruined. Rather take my chances with Juolevi.

Plus we need defense more than anything, so I wouldn't do this trade.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Juolevi was playing well in the AHL before his injury. Puljujarvi looks like he's already ruined. Rather take my chances with Juolevi.

Plus we need defense more than anything, so I wouldn't do this trade.

even though Hughes and Woo are coming down the pipe, i'd be shocked if this deal ever happened, especially since these trades always end up coming back to haunt the Oilers on the score sheet with said traded player scoring against his old team here....hmmmm....maybe this is a deal Canuck fans would actually to do if this is the case? :laugh:

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I would prob do it.
The only issue is that olli looked very good in the AHL before he got hurt, was PPG I think?

Why would you do it without seeing what Olli looks like in the NHL first? That seems crazy to me. We've seen what Pu looks like and it aint pretty.

McBackup

Jan 15, 2019
East Van and Damned
No thank you. Juolevi’s had injury problems but was progressing quite well. Pulju has stagnated if not regressed and I don’t see him putting it together even with a change of scenery.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad