Confirmed with Link: Olesz and Montador to be bought out

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
Olesz and Montador Bought out

TramyersCSN, CHI GM Stan Bowman says Hawks will buy out Montador and Olesz.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Olesz, it is what it is, he was a salary dump, played well in Rockford though. Monty, sucks he couldn't shake the concussions, played alright last year, liked him better at forward on the PP to be honest but wish him luck.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
They're both better than healthy scratches, but not nearly as good as their salaries.

I still feel Monty could've been a solid 4/5D, but obviously concussion issues held him back.

Still, the good news is this gives us a lot more flexibility about who we can bring back next year.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
He'd go on Long Term Injury reserve and get paid millions to not play. If he retires he's going to forfeit $24 mil. not happening.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Thats great news. Now if a team would want to pickup Montador, it would be even better.

Olesz regular buyout would be stupid IMO. Don't want a 1.4 Hit next year because of him

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Thats great news. Now if a team would want to pickup Montador, it would be even better.

Olesz regular buyout would be stupid IMO. Don't want a 1.4 Hit next year because of him

Right. We'd expect the cap will raise a year from now, but every penny counts this summer and next season.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Montador would be a solid pickup for a lot of teams in the league. It'd be stupid to not pick him up.

I doubt he gets picked up because of his concussion history. Also let's not forget he was pretty bad here even when he was healthy. And the year before he was a healthy scratch in Buffalo in the playoffs. My gut tells me he is done in the NHL.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
I doubt he gets picked up because of his concussion history. Also let's not forget he was pretty bad here even when he was healthy. And the year before he was a healthy scratch in Buffalo in the playoffs. My gut tells me he is done in the NHL.

I am not so sure about that. Willie Mitchell is getting a nice salary in LA and has a concussion history. As long as Monty has a clean bill of health..

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger5m
Following all cleared unconditional Waivers -- Kaberle, MTL, and Montador and Olesz, Chic for purposes to buy out.

Hawkz

34 38 61 10 13
Mar 8, 2013
Hawkeytown USA
Good Luck to Montador. I hope he can get through the concussion issues for the rest of his career and beyond.

As for Rusty, well, I wish he was rusty because that would imply he was good to begin with.

bigdinkel

Jul 19, 2010
Cap Geek has us at $8 million for free agents. Hope we can use this for Bickell, Leddy and bring up Cleadening and maybe McNeil and Morin?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I am not so sure about that. Willie Mitchell is getting a nice salary in LA and has a concussion history. As long as Monty has a clean bill of health..

Mitchell when healthy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Monty

Monty has suffered several concussions and missed extensive time over last 2 years. Playing poorly on top of it makes him unappealing to teams outside of league minimum (or about that range)

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com
7QuKc.gif

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Mitchell when healthy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Monty

Monty has suffered several concussions and missed extensive time over last 2 years. Playing poorly on top of it makes him unappealing to teams outside of league minimum (or about that range)

Sure which is why he is being paid quite a bit more... But his concussion history (and he also has missed time) made him a risk as well...that was my point.

SLarmer28*

Montador was not worth $2.75 million per season with the Chicago Blackhawks let alone the $1.55 million per season based on his previous contract with the Buffalo Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad