Confirmed with Link: Oleksiak To Dallas for a 4th

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
The writing has been on the wall for a long time that this trade was going to happen.

The big question is what JR is going to do with the cap space he opened up with this trade.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
yXEiYQ4.jpg

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I saw it on my facebook timeline and thought I was seeing the post from last year when we acquired him for a fourth..... I was like why is this being posted again? One year anniversary?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I am NOT a fan of Yohe thinking they're set on defense. I'd much rather a Muzzin like upgrade on Maatta so we can ride the crap out of the top two pairings and minimize the damage Jack Johnson can do . . . to the Pens. That said, JR loves Maatta, so I suspect he's done on defense.

Gimme the highest impact 3C and L2LW you can find. 2M saved in this deal. Brass makes 3M. Push comes to shove. Sheahan and his 2M hit can be moved to free up dollars.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Why did Dallas want him back? I could understand another team maybe being intrigued by him, but why would a team who didn't think much of him last year suddenly think they needed to re-acquire him?

They got a different coach now.

Hitchcock seems to be one of those coaches that some players have a hard time getting along with.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd have kept him. I like his game, he can play either side, he can fight (the jump by Wilson notwithstanding), and we have a few question marks on the blue line ahead of him.

He's not exactly old either. About the same age Cole was when he finally put it all together.

Team seems to really like Riikola though, which is good.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd have kept him. I like his game, he can play either side, he can fight (the jump by Wilson notwithstanding), and we have a few question marks on the blue line ahead of him.

He's not exactly old either. About the same age Cole was when he finally put it all together.

He was fine if we didn't have so many guys like him. He was brutal from the red line to our goal line. We need to defend and keep pucks out. Oleksiak was not helping that and he was actually not fitting w/ Maatta at all.

I like Big Rigg.. I think he's okay. But he just wasn't for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad