GDT: Oldies in FLA - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Protas has skills. Even in that weird shift, he could get caught off guard and not expecting a pass and still manage to make a pass that has intent and scoring potential and isn't just another bail out. He did it two or three times there.

Good, good player.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1707445903865.gif

My game puck tonight goes to "Marcy" Darcy Kuemper despite a losing effort.

Honorable mentions go to Alex Ovechkin, Matthew Phillips, and Beck Malenstyn.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
It was reported he had a couple of 1 year offers. Of course the Caps, being generous as they are, sign him for 2 years.
And for 2 million a season!! Up until I checked just now I thought it was a league minimum 2 year deal.

That is...not good.

Reactions: Capitals40

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
OV has scored in 2 straight games ✅
Kuemper with a .925 SV% on 41 shots ✅
Mantha scores again to increase his trade value ✅
6th straight loss to pull them back more from making the playoffs ✅

No games will be won just having 23 shots on goal. I'm not liking Carbery's system in regard to goal scoring. Something tells me the Caps ownership/management thought they were somewhat genus again hiring a young coach. I'm having some Todd Reirden vibes with Carbery. Both were good Assistant Coaches, so far both have not translated into good head coaches! Even with this roster, the Caps offensive production should not have dropped so much from Laviolette to Carbery(system wise I'm not seeing how the team defense transitions to more offense). Carbery coached the Leafs PP last season and it ended up ranked #2. Did the Leafs scoring talent make Carbery look better as an Assistant Coach than he was? Carbery brings some good things to the table, but the NHL is becoming more of goal scoring league. If next season the Caps acquire(via prospect promotions from Hershey, draft, trades and free agency) younger/better players that fit Carbery's system better with the offense still struggling, then Carbery is not the answer.

Reactions: Rockingred12

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I’m not going to be mad at cadberry. He inherited a roting pumpkin that’s getting worse. I don’t know if a coach in the league that gets this team in the playoffs.

I also don’t care much about the bear contract, we took a swing at getting a cheap diamond in the rough and paid a little more to outbid everyone. In the end it’s going to mean nothing. He won’t be in the books when this team i good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad