Oldest Standing Member on HFboards?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I first remember discovering HF sometime in the late 90's. The first clear memory I have of it is following the 98 draft and being excited by the guy we drafted in the first round: Simon Gagne. I don't recall if there was a message board feature at that time but there was an iteration of a message board prior to this one that was much different and I posted on that one under various handles. I started off posting on the old AOL bulletin boards in the mid 90s. Also posted at various times on other sites such as O&B and others I can't recall the name of any longer. Just about the time this current version of the boards was being started I was doing things like having my first kid, so I probably stopped visiting for awhile before finally registering with a new handle back in 2005.

wanger16

Jun 16, 2006
I used to go to the Flyershistory message board and the Orange and Black one too...early 2000's I am guessing?

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
i joined here in November 2002. Also use to post at the O&B. Great place to talk hockey

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I came over from Philly.com. The trolls were awful and when they changed the entire website design I think a fair amount of people left.

Did you have the same username? I came from there as well and though your name looked familiar, but I'm not 100% on it. Only other person I remember is NMFlyer, since I usually agreed with him.

As bad as the Flyers board could get, it still wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Eagles board with The Greek and Pauli

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah I used to post at O&B as well.

Ogie was the man. R.I.P.

I stopped posting because the one guy 'Anth' ruined every single thread. Obnoxious to the max.

I can't even tell you how long I spent trying to figure out if you were "Rev" or not :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I joined O&B in like 2000, or something, when I was in Sweden, and I think my total post count there is still right around 100 haha. Stupidly, I didn't really know about HF until around the time I joined in 2015 - I mean, I knew it was around, but I just wasn't aware of the team boards like this. I couldn't tell you why, except to say that sometimes I completely miss some very obvious things. Like the time my friend told me that you were supposed to tip your barber. It had just never occurred to me.

RIP Ogie

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can't even tell you how long I spent trying to figure out if you were "Rev" or not :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I joined O&B in like 2000, or something, when I was in Sweden, and I think my total post count there is still right around 100 haha. Stupidly, I didn't really know about HF until around the time I joined in 2015 - I mean, I knew it was around, but I just wasn't aware of the team boards like this. I couldn't tell you why, except to say that sometimes I completely miss some very obvious things. Like the time my friend told me that you were supposed to tip your barber. It had just never occurred to me.

RIP Ogie

Haha nope not Rev but I do remember him.

I had never heard of HF Boards until when I joined in 2013. I used Hockeys Future to read up on prospects for years though.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Did you have the same username? I came from there as well and though your name looked familiar, but I'm not 100% on it. Only other person I remember is NMFlyer, since I usually agreed with him.

As bad as the Flyers board could get, it still wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Eagles board with The Greek and Pauli

I was there as BillDineen.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Yea I used to post on the philadelphiaflyers forum before finding this

How long ago was that? I can only remember one guy and I've seen him around here. GrkFlyersfan or something like that. He got into a lot of Nitty/Biron arguments, haha.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Yeah I used to post at O&B as well.

Ogie was the man. R.I.P.

I stopped posting because the one guy 'Anth' ruined every single thread. Obnoxious to the max.

We had an O&B meetup at Chickie's & Pete's many years ago. I remember walking in with John Marzano (R.I.P.). Met about 10 folks, including the guy from Detroit who could be pretty abrasive, although we got along well on the boards. That was when I was much heavier than I am today. I posted at O&B under 'Zonker Harris'

I left when threads were more and more devolving into personal squabbles.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Years ago here before a bunch left, we had a HF Facebook account. Still am friends with a few on reg face book. Anyhow, when I came to Flyer games 2 years ago, I recognized a girl from that and yelled her name and went over and said hi,,, it was pretty funny .

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire

RIP Ogie

Somewhat similar to my story as well. I joined O&B (run by Mike Barr I think his name was, right?) in the late '90's while I was in the USAF in Japan. It was one of the few ways, in those days I could keep up with the Flyers from across the Pacific. Joined here in 2015 (apparently) sometime after discovering it.

Just like at O&B I am far more a lurker than a poster as I still would rather learn more and read others views. I am not a hockey noob by any stretch but I am no where near as knowledgeable as some of the folks on this board....what's the old adage....Better to remain silent an be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....yeah, that's me :laugh::laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Somewhat similar to my story as well. I joined O&B (run by Mike Barr I think his name was, right?) in the late '90's while I was in the USAF in Japan. It was one of the few ways, in those days I could keep up with the Flyers from across the Pacific. Joined here in 2015 (apparently) sometime after discovering it.

Just like at O&B I am far more a lurker than a poster as I still would rather learn more and read others views. I am not a hockey noob by any stretch but I am no where near as knowledgeable as some of the folks on this board....what's the old adage....Better to remain silent an be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....yeah, that's me :laugh::laugh:

Yeah, Mike was always a really nice guy. There was someone on there with the best username I have ever heard in my life:

poulinsflakjacket

It killed me that I didn't think of it first :laugh:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Haha nope not Rev but I do remember him.

I had never heard of HF Boards until when I joined in 2013. I used Hockeys Future to read up on prospects for years though.

I knew you weren't Rev. Not obnoxious enough. #WorkToDo :)

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Yeah, Mike was always a really nice guy. There was someone on there with the best username I have ever heard in my life:

poulinsflakjacket

It killed me that I didn't think of it first :laugh:

Hahaha...I remember that username, that was great, as well as Ogie (R.I.P.) and even this boards own BillDineen.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I use to post on o and b but have not since finding this sight and not very often under cpaflyerfan...I think I have more posts here than I had in 7 or so years there lol...I usually only read a lot of posts but coming here and reading about the prospects got me hooked on the draft ...I attend about 10 phantoms games a year thought I would start sharing what I observed...

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I use to post on o and b but have not since finding this sight and not very often under cpaflyerfan...I think I have more posts here than I had in 7 or so years there lol...I usually only read a lot of posts but coming here and reading about the prospects got me hooked on the draft ...I attend about 10 phantoms games a year thought I would start sharing what I observed...

I'm really glad you do that - these eye-witness accounts, whether it's in person or even on video or streams, really help the people like me who don't get to watch those games. I really miss seeing our guys in person - you get such a better perspective when you have the whole game there in front of you. I could only watch us when the Flyers came to St. Louis, but even that one or two games a year informed my opinion so well.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
We are all flyer fans and I am lucky enough to be within a 90 minute drive of Hershey, Wilkes barre or Allentown and happy to share my thoughts... I try to get to as many games as I can...I appreciate when all the guys here post their thoughts on the games they watch they give great insight...I had season tix for Hershey when they were the flyers affiliate from 1988-1996 but never really followed the flyers prospects like I do now...

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I started lurking during Crosby's draft year I believe, or maybe rookie season. I also had a different user name back then but it was tied to an email I deleted, so I created this one.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
How long ago was that? I can only remember one guy and I've seen him around here. GrkFlyersfan or something like that. He got into a lot of Nitty/Biron arguments, haha.

According to my profile there between Sept. 09 to Oct. 2011. I doubt I was very active once I signed up here though, so only a few months.

I do recall having the organist at the WFC chime in on a thread about us (Flyers fans) doing the chant wrong. Saying somewhere along the way we started doing the New York Rangers way of chanting it. I also made signatures for people. I vividly recall one guy had an unhealthy obsession with Zherdev :laugh:

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Valentine's day 2003, Obviously wasn't getting enough love at home. Flyers fans are the best in the NHL, they travel well and are outstanding to talk to at any live game I've visited in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad