Old big bust finding unusual question?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Looking for non-ncaa non-eu non-injury players that never signed an nhl contract drafted in First round.

I went pretty far in draft and couldn't find any that more recent than 1997.

I am not sure since there's barely information online but I think Kevin Grimes never signed an nhl contract.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Looking for non-ncaa non-eu non-injury players that never signed an nhl contract drafted in First round.

I went pretty far in draft and couldn't find any that more recent than 1997.

I am not sure since there's barely information online but I think Kevin Grimes never signed an nhl contract.
Martin Vagner (2002 first from Hull)

pled

Sep 7, 2009
AJ Thelen is the most recent I can think of and odd case as he was NCAA, was kicked out of Michigan State so he went WHL, then wasn't offered a contract following his overage year.
Interesting oddity: Martin Vagner (2002 first from Hull) was selected in the 9th in the draft Thelen was taken... he also would not be signed to a pro contract.
I know both of them but they both were in nhl org for more than 2 years because of different reason but I was really intrigue to see if all team tonally gave up on player after just 2 years of junior I guess.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I know both of them but they both were in nhl org for more than 2 years because of different reason but I was really intrigue to see if all team tonally gave up on player after just 2 years of junior I guess.
Yeah missed the NCAA part earlier with Thelen so he wouldn't qualify.

Vagner's about the only I can think of off the top of my head but for one that wasn't signed nor re-drafted by a different team? No idea. I'll do some digging since most guys that are taken in the first are at least signed even if they never crack the NHL.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Yeah missed the NCAA part earlier with Thelen so he wouldn't qualify.

Vagner's about the only I can think of off the top of my head but for one that wasn't signed nor re-drafted by a different team? No idea. I'll do some digging since most guys that are taken in the first are at least signed even if they never crack the NHL.
yeah I should had non-redraft too. but when you go in older draft information become spared. It's not like finding the worst first rounder was a great thing to do but I just got curious

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Daultan Leveille 2008 #29
Patrick White 2007 #25
Nick Ross 2007 #30
David Fischer 2006 #20
Jens Karlsson 2001 #18

Couldn't find information about Andy Rogers and A.J Thelen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad