Injury Report: Okposo/Visnovsky Day-to-day

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
I hope the Blue Jackets win anyway, they are battling it out with the Rangers

even though I am hoping the Isles can finish high enough so Snow can give Buffalo our pick this year, but Rangers missing the playoffs can beat out those things

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
reason 752 why penciling visnovsky into our defense for next year is a folly. absolutely can not and should not be relied upon for a top 4 role. someone must be brought in. at least 1 person.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Vish have a no trade clause this year but not next season?

Something tells me NTC or not, that won't be the reason it's so hard to trade him. If the Islanders wanted to dump him their best bet would have been at the trade deadline

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
reason 752 why penciling visnovsky into our defense for next year is a folly. absolutely can not and should not be relied upon for a top 4 role. someone must be brought in. at least 1 person.

Yep. His minutes need to be minimized. 6mil next yr is crazy. The guy is a time bomb. His minutes need to be minimized. PP and bottom pairing. If this is a concussion or he takes another, he is most likely done or going to call it.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Yep. His minutes need to be minimized. 6mil next yr is crazy. The guy is a time bomb. His minutes need to be minimized. PP and bottom pairing. If this is a concussion or he takes another, he is most likely done or going to call it.

shhhhhhh, that's logical GM thinking right there, no place for that in the Wangdom.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I have one question due to Vis' age. If he goes down long term, does his cap hit reflect $6 mill next year, or just the average of the years?

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Have to wonder if he will be back next year.....now, before this we needed to get a veteran top 4 defenseman, if Viz can't be counted on next year, we need a veteran, even if just a solid bottom pairing guy, for a 2 yr contract.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Vis Concussion flashback

Lubomir Visnovsky is out with a recurrence of the concussion symptoms that sidelined him for 46 games earlier this season. There is no timetable for his return.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...ayoff-hopeful-columbus-blue-jackets-1.7479134

Not really surprising. Feel bad for the guy. Have to wonder where that leaves him next year and if he does come back what kind of player he will be...

Kind of ridiculous the minutes he has been given.

OhNoItsComeau57

Sep 15, 2006
New Orleans
Have to wonder if he will be back next year.....now, before this we needed to get a veteran top 4 defenseman, if Viz can't be counted on next year, we need a veteran, even if just a solid bottom pairing guy, for a 2 yr contract.

I would love if they could get Orpik on a 3 year deal. I like some others more but he may be slightly more realistic. He could be a decent 4/5 and be a good veteran/mentor/teacher for all the young dmen on the way over the next 3 years.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
They might as well just shut him down for the rest of the season. No use putting his health at risk for these last few remaining games.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I would love if they could get Orpik on a 3 year deal. I like some others more but he may be slightly more realistic. He could be a decent 4/5 and be a good veteran/mentor/teacher for all the young dmen on the way over the next 3 years.

Would love to get Orpik for 3 yrs. I'd over pay to get him here. He fits exactly what we need. Him plus a Reimer/halak goes a long way for us.

Gets us bigger, better on the PK. Slap an A on him, gives the younger guys a voice in the room and a leader. He's exactly what we wanted Strait to be.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Would love to get Orpik for 3 yrs. I'd over pay to get him here. He fits exactly what we need. Him plus a Reimer/halak goes a long way for us.

Gets us bigger, better on the PK. Slap an A on him, gives the younger guys a voice in the room and a leader. He's exactly what we wanted Strait to be.
I don't think anyone expected Strait to be an Orpik type player. If you did then you really didn't follow the scouting reports on him. I think he was believed to be more of a scuderi type D-man in the Pittsburgh organization. So far he does fit that mold although Scuderi isn't the Scuderi of the past anymore. Pittsburgh fans have been moaning about that resigning all season.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I don't think anyone expected Strait to be an Orpik type player. If you did then you really didn't follow the scouting reports on him. I think he was believed to be more of a scuderi type D-man in the Pittsburgh organization. So far he does fit that mold although Scuderi isn't the Scuderi of the past anymore. Pittsburgh fans have been moaning about that resigning all season.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brian_strait/

Kind of sounds like an Orpik type player...

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Sucks to here about Vis, the selfish part of me hopes that he's back for next season, but the logical and human side of me says he might want to consider hanging them up. My girlfriend currently has her fourth concussion and, let me tell you, they can really have an effect on people.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think he'll be back because but if he suffers one setback next season he's probably done so Snow better have a back up plan. A guy like Niskinen would fit nicely but probably won't want to sign here after being with a team like Pittsburgh.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Either Niskanen or Orpik will for sure be available. The Pens shot themselves in the foot cap wise with long term signings of Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Dupuis and Fleury. They gots no moneys to sign anybody to UFA madness prices. Unless both of those guys take a serious hometown discount, they're leaving.
I honestly would not be surprised to hear that Vis is going to hang em up this summer. He was out for over 1/2 the season with the concussion, and now he's got symptoms again. If it were me, I think I'd call it a career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad