Injury Report: Okposo/Visnovsky Day-to-day

scott99

May 13, 2005
Well it is great for our tanking. lol

Lol, yeah I can't see us winning many games without Tavares/Okposo/Visnofsky. In fact, if Okposo is out for the rest of the year, we probably wind up in the #2 slot. We are pretty much guaranteed to wind up with one of Ekblad/Reinhart/Bennett. Not a bad thing considering the season was over in December. Wanted to see Okposo reach 30 goals and 70 points though. I'm also afraid Viz got another concussion. I saw the hit/injury, he came back, but he didn't look right.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Crap...Viz may just retire, but who knows.

How did KO get injured? I don't remember seeing anything bad happen to him last game?

Do you think Snow went to KO and said "you've had a spectacular season, but the team didn't get to where it wants to go. You deserve a break. Take a couple games off or the rest of the season and we'll work on getting next season going. We need to call up a few more prospects to get them all acquainted with the big leagues. You'd be helping out the team. We will still pay you"

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
The tank is now in full effect. Let's call up everyone we have left in Bridgeport.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

This is just random speculation based on absolutely nothing other then the way Vish's contract is structured but I have a feeling he won't be playing here next year(he might go back to Slovakia). I also believe Snow signed the deal full well knowing that

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
That's gonna be a problem unless we sign a puck moving PP QB over the summer. I think it's great that our youth can learn how to do things on their own, but speaking from personal experience, our guys are going to reach their ceilings much quicker if we can get AT LEAST one proper GOOD/Talented vet to be our PP QB and top 4 mainstay. Erhoff would have been great....Yandle....Someone like Mattieu Schneider would have been perfect.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Can Reinhart join the Islanders when his season ends in the WHL? I'd love to see how he performs in the NHL.

1. Yes(Same deal with Pulock)

2. My Guess is Edmonton will go far in the WHL playoffs so his season will go longer then ours.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
This is just random speculation based on absolutely nothing other then the way Vish's contract is structured but I have a feeling he won't be playing here next year(he might go back to Slovakia). I also believe Snow signed the deal full well knowing that

Yeah, his contract is a 35+ deal where it counts against the salary cap even if he retires. So if Snow asks Wang for the okay to replace Vis' contract on payroll, Wang will respond "Why? His contract counts against the cap, doesn't it?"

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah, his contract is a 35+ deal where it counts against the salary cap even if he retires. So if Snow asks Wang for the okay to replace Vis' contract on payroll, Wang will respond "Why? His contract counts against the cap, doesn't it?"

Hate to say it that's my fear. Hopefully the CBA has something against using retirement contracts against the cap min

You can't tell me when you saw that contract something didn't seem fishy(3.5M first year, 6M second year just screamed cap circumvention).

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hate to say it that's my fear. Hopefully the CBA has something against using retirement contracts against the cap min

You can't tell me when you saw that contract something didn't seem fishy(3.5M first year, 6M second year just screamed cap circumvention).

Is that how it's structured?! Uh oh, I think you may be onto something. Something smells fishy on LI, and it's not low tide....

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Is that how it's structured?! Uh oh, I think you may be onto something. Something smells fishy on LI, and it's not low tide....

Yeah basically Vish has a 4.75M caphit this season while getting paid 3.5M. Next Season he gets paid 6M, same caphit

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008

Visnovsky has about 5 Million reasons why he wont retire, at least for another year

I am not saying that Visnovsky is faking it, all I am saying is I am sure he has a chip on his shoulder towards Snow for not letting him stay in Slovokia last year

Last edited:

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Visnovsky has about 5 Million reasons why he wont retire, at least for another year

I am not saying that Visnovsky is faking it, all I am saying is I am sure he has a chip on his should towards Snow for not letting him stay in Slovokia last year

scheduled to make $6 million next year, made $3.5 million this year. I expect he'll be traded given Wang's cash outlay is much higher than the cap hit.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
Vish for Bobby Ryan in the offseason, LOL I keed keed...Even though I would love to see Ryan on this team for the move to Brooklyn.
I think Vish will be traded in the offseason creating even more of a hole in the Isles defensive top 4.
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Vish have a no trade clause this year but not next season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad