Rumor: Okposo on Trade Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
Dont think we can get proper value back for okposo. Sharp is not a ppg player while okposo is. Unless we can get backes for okposo which is highly highly unlikely, i dont like the sound of this

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Would be quite the bold move by Garth to trade Okposo. Hard to trade part of the core, but options have to at least be considered if Okposo is asking $7M per for 7 years as Staple suggests.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

While I know the first reaction is to throw your hands up at the idea of trading Okposo, I like that Snow is looking at all options. Frankly, the eye injury scares me. KO's $2.8M salary is pretty disgusting, you're not going to find a player with his potential impact at that modest of a price on the market. It's worth seeing what his value is since it's probably at it's peak right now.

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY
While I know the first reaction is to throw your hands up at the idea of trading Okposo, I like that Snow is looking at all options. Frankly, the eye injury scares me. KO's $2.8M salary is pretty disgusting, you're not going to find a player with his potential impact at that modest of a price on the market. It's worth seeing what his value is since it's probably at it's peak right now.

Yeah, I am in now way looking to trade Okposo but he is about to get expensive and if Garth does end up trading him I have full confidence it will be for an absolute haul.

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
Don't get me wrong Backes would probably be our second best center, but do we honestly need another center?

My point is that no1 on the market has his potential or game breaking ability besides backes. Eberle name comes up but eberle wouldnt be traded for another forward

MoBoTFB

Nov 16, 2014
CT
Dont think we can get proper value back for okposo. Sharp is not a ppg player while okposo is. Unless we can get backes for okposo which is highly highly unlikely, i dont like the sound of this

Maybe try and work something like Backes and oshie for okposo and Nielsen with a little plus

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Trade KO? Really depends on the return.

Okposo's got a young family and his eye injury should have driven home to him, that sports careers can be short.
He's given the isles a 5 yr, team friendly contract. I hope he cashes in big time. If not with the isles, then with some other team.

A little OT but it really sucks that Snow got schooled in the Vanek trade, pissing away a 1st and 2nd. From the sound of it, he's trying to recoup picks now.

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
Trade KO? Really depends on the return.

Okposo's got a young family and his eye injury should have driven home to him, that sports careers can be short.
He's given the isles a 5 yr, team friendly contract. I hope he cashes in big time. If not with the isles, then with some other team.

A little OT but it really sucks that Snow got schooled in the Vanek trade, pissing away a 1st and 2nd. From the sound of it, he's trying to recoup picks now.

Its always great to have picks but with ho sang, dal colle, mayfield, reinhart and pulock. We have 5 great prospects in the pipeline. If we want to win now then okposo needs to be traded for equal value which i just dont see possible.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I have to agree Okposo should take advantage of the situation he is in. In the case of the Islanders, they should use the 8th year they can offer him and the insurance of him having a deal solidly signed(without worry of injuring himself screwing up his future deal) to drive down the average caphit.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls

I think it would be a good move depending on the return obviously. Why not move him? Strome plays first line RW and has fit well with Tavares.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I think it would be a good move depending on the return obviously. Why not move him? Strome plays first line RW and has fit well with Tavares.

If we trade him for picks/prospects who will be out second line RW? Third?

Guys who are almost sure bets for 50+ points don't grow on trees. And in the case of Okposo if he has a full healthy season I would expect 60+

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
He could also be part of a Kessel deal. Not saying I would do it but there's a deal to be made there.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
I'm really not interested in trading Okposo. I love what he's done for us and want him to re-sign.

I'm not married to the guy. He's played well, however, I just don't see Isles paying him market rate and I don't see him seeking anyhing less. UFA classes are getting weaker and weaker bc so many guys are signed and agreeing to give up UFA years. He's gonna get paid.

Isles have demonstrated they will not pay more to retain a player. I don't see Wang or the new guys deviating from that.

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
Just cant think of a guy who we can get back that will give us his value back. Need his value back to take a step forward

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Snow has a trading history with Chiarelli and Bowman, among others. Seems like likely candidates although even with CHI moving Sharp and Bickell I don't see them taking on Okposo's contract long term. Maybe as Hossa is an aging vet. EDM can got a number of things, by moving on from Eberle and his salary, Okposo's salary could slide right back in there. They get one year cost savings with some risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad