Trade: [OKC/LAL] Dennis Schroder to the Lakers for Danny Green and 28th pick

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
doesn't look like it's official yet. but what a steal if it actually happens. green was damn good at bricking wide open 3s and sucking on defense

now go get someone like gallo, ibaka, or harkless and call it a day

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Can someone explain why Thunder are making this trade?

They give up a pretty good guard for a crappy guard on downside of career and late 1st
dump an expiring contract and get another 1st round pick. maybe they try to package those picks in a deal? plus they'll get more at the deadline when they trade green to a contender

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
doesn't look like it's official yet. but what a steal if it actually happens. green was damn good at bricking wide open 3s and sucking on defense

now go get someone like gallo, ibaka, or harkless and call it a day
One of those is not like the others.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
One of those is not like the others.
gallo would be such a great fit but i think ibaka is the bigger need with the uncertainty surrounding howard and morris returning. there's been talks of bringing cousins back but going with mcgee/cousins as your frountcourt is not smart

harkless would give them a solid wing defender that they could really use

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
gallo would be such a great fit but i think ibaka is the bigger need with the uncertainty surrounding howard and morris returning. there's been talks of bringing cousins back but going with mcgee/cousins as your frountcourt is not smart

I think Ibaka is the best fit but Moe is not good. Gallo is definitely the best player but don’t think he would be a great fit with the Lakers.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Can someone explain why Thunder are making this trade?

They give up a pretty good guard for a crappy guard on downside of career and late 1st

Trust the Process ( :laugh: ), I guess.

I thought the Thunder were screwed into medicority when they made the Westbrook trade but they are in a position to be a contender again in a few years. My guess is they trade Green at the trade deadline and stock up even more on picks, that will likely eventually be used to get proven players.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I've never been a big Schroder fan but he was really good in his role last season and he should be a big upgrade over Rondo. I do question whether he's the 39% 3pt shooter from last season or the 33% shooter he was in the six years prior to that. It may not matter with all of the open looks LeBron creates though.

Gallinari to Miami is the worst kept secret out there. No guarantee it happens but both sides will try just like they did at the deadline.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What a horrible deal for OKC.
it's a bad trade if you're looking at next season

but OKC has a ton of picks over the next 5 years and they know they're not gonna contend for a title with their current roster. this is all about going into rebuild mode and stacking up on young talent

Reactions: yvrtojfk

darko

Feb 16, 2009
it's a bad trade if you're looking at next season

but OKC has a ton of picks over the next 5 years and they know they're not gonna contend for a title with their current roster. this is all about going into rebuild mode and stacking up on young talent

Pick 28.

Surely they could've done better.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What a horrible deal for OKC.

Presti knew last season was a fluke. Better to continue the asset collecting rather than try and make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed. Maybe they could have done better than the 28th pick but better to take the guaranteed offer than potentially lose out down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad